Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Essential Pro Thread >

Essential Pro Thread

Essential Pro Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 07:37 AM
Power Poster

I've posted this before but it will explain why some have a lint problem with cotton thread and some don't. If your machine has inside threading it will collect much more lent then a machine that has outside threading. Most older machines have outside threading with much more thread guides. The thread guides make a big difference in the lint build up too. The more guides the less lint. Sharon Schamber mentioned one time at a class that the LA in the shop needed more thread guides to eliminate the lint problem the user was having. Inside threading machines collect the lint and no way for you to clean it out so it will build up and cause problems especially in the hidden tension discs. I use only lint free thread for my Janome but my other machines are all outside threading with lots of thread guides. No lent problem at all, not even in the bobbin areas.

I like Glide thread. I use it in my Brother PS1500. I use CT Essential threads and Pro threads with no problems. I use The Pro thread for bobbin thread. It's thin and strong. For my Janome I use the lint free poly thread.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:28 PM

So, for those of you that use Essential Pro Thread on your longarm machine, do you use it for your top thread or for your bobbin thread? One person said, you could use it in either or on both at the same time???? I am understanding this correctly?
Old 03-30-2011, 07:27 AM

i use it in both the bobbin and the top and at the same time unless i want a thicker thread in the top so the quilting thread shows then i just use it in the bobbin