Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Estate sale find! >

Estate sale find!

Estate sale find!

Old 10-31-2010, 12:21 PM

I miss my Grandmother recipes! One of my Aunt's grabbed them and neither one of them really baked. I grew up in my Grandmother's kitchen helping with everything from everyday cooking and baking to making mayonnaise (no that is one recipe I wish had)
Old 10-31-2010, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Donna R
I miss my Grandmother recipes! One of my Aunt's grabbed them and neither one of them really baked. I grew up in my Grandmother's kitchen helping with everything from everyday cooking and baking to making mayonnaise (no that is one recipe I wish had)
Do you think if you asked they would let you make copies of the recipes? That is what I did with my mother's stuff. It was not the same as her own but it was still her recipes. But no one has ever mastered her biscuit making. She mixed her biscuits by hand and then choked them out. All one size and just perfect.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:43 PM

I found a lot of my quilting rulers at Good Will. I go on Wed./Thurs. and get the senior discount 20% . I've gotten a lot of fabric there. I also make doll clothes so I really score sometimes.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by cherryberry
I also got a recipe box filled with favorite recipes she had hand written for only a dollar. That made me sad that no one in her family wanted to keep her recipes labeled "Aunt Betsie's Chocolate Pecan Pie", Susan's Delicious meatloaf", etc. Surely someone in that family will wish they had some of these recipes to carry on traditions, don't you think?
What a treasure find! I just don't understand people nowadays....leaving the recipes behind, even if you don't cook/bake, your child might be the next Jullia Child and would love the family recipes!
Blessings,
MaryAnna