Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Eurosteam iron? >

Eurosteam iron?

Eurosteam iron?

Old 03-04-2013, 01:40 PM

Default Eurosteam iron?

Can anyone tell me about the Eurosteam iron. I recently saw it at a show but through research it seems like its a 50/50 split as to what people think about it...
Old 03-04-2013, 01:45 PM

I have one and love it - I use it mainly for t-shirt quilts. My mom has a friend who went to the show with us last year - she is not a quilter but uses it for all of her regular ironing. Actually her husband loves it so he does all of the ironing, they have had it a year, as the QS is coming up again at the end of this week.

I will be curious to see any other reviews
Old 03-04-2013, 02:01 PM

Yeah.. I desperately need a new iron... for quilting and clothes. I horrible about pulling things out of the dryer and this thing just looked magical at the show. But I've read that it breaks 6 months in and that really worried me.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:45 PM

I bought one...I love the steam it puts out. The only problem I have with it is when it comes to filling it. You can't tell where the water line is so I have to wait for it to run out f water. I am afraid of over filling it if I don't use the measuring cup that came with it.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:00 PM

I don't recommend it. It might be okay for garment construction, but is not worth the expense for quilting. And to refill....you have to wait til it cools down or you will burn yourself. If it's demo'd at the show, ask to see it refilled. I regret this purchase.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:34 AM

I bought this iron at a show many, many years ago. I really like it. Like the weight, the steam, etc. You MUST use distilled water in it. As to the measuring cup fill, etc., I have no issues with this. To conserve water, energy, etc., I turn it off between ironing/sewing/ironing again. So when the steaming stops, I refill before clipping all my chain pieced sections/blocks and then turn on to heat up again. By the time I'm ready to start pressing again, she's all hot and ready to go. Have also used it for garment ironing. Not sure that it's really as impressive as how they demo it at the shows but a good iron nonetheless - at least for me. Then again, I like, have and use Rowentas as well!
Old 03-05-2013, 10:50 AM

I love mine