Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
ever forget where the quilt went?? >

ever forget where the quilt went??

ever forget where the quilt went??

Old 11-10-2019, 05:06 AM

I take a pix of everything I make and where it went, then it goes into a photo book with a little info about it. I enjoy looking at it every once in a while.
Old 11-10-2019, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by my-ty View Post
Not yet!! But I have forgotten some of my UFOs until I find them in a bag.
Me too! But seriously only keep pictures of the final quilt, with no information about pattern, fabric etc. or who I gave it to. I think I still remember the latter...........not withstanding charity quilts. The kids wouldn't care who the recipient was, or even know them so I don't bother. Kuddos to those that are more organized than I !!
Old 11-10-2019, 08:00 AM

I've done that, years ago I made a quilt for an elderly aunt, it was one of my early quilts. After she passed away in 2001 I kept the quilt thinking one of these day I would add more quilting, it had the bare minimum, I was still learning. So several months ago I decided it is time to work on it, searched the whole house couldn't find it. Thought I had lost my mind, luckily a few weeks later my out of state daughter sent me a photo of our great grandson, in the background was that quilt! I had given it to her when we were moving, totally forgot.
Old 11-10-2019, 11:24 AM
mim

It's just a basic 9 patch with lattice. I usually make 3" squares -- or sort of 3". I bet on baseball games with other quilters on line and they are 6 1/2" squares. So cutting them up and squaring them ends up with a 3 1/4" before seams. The swap is lots of fun at the end of the season to receive squares from teams who lost to mine. Also it is a good way to use up stash when my team(s) have a bad season. Can you believe the red sox and Orioles?? both bottom teams this year. I used up a lot of stash fabrics that were "what ever made me buy that??"

Originally Posted by Hryust View Post
I love the quilt do you have the pattern that you can share? After reading your pist I will start writing them down
Old 11-10-2019, 03:26 PM

This hapens to me with donation quilts.
Old 11-10-2019, 11:06 PM

Funny, just a couple days ago I went into the "info" section of the photo of each of the eighty quilts I have made and entered the name of the recipient - just in case I forget, which I know I probably will.
Old 11-11-2019, 05:27 PM

Adorable quilt. You are sweet to give it and then forget! If I finished quilts more often, I'd have enough to forget who I gave them to ;-).