Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
EverSewn Sparrow 25 Sewing Machine >

EverSewn Sparrow 25 Sewing Machine

EverSewn Sparrow 25 Sewing Machine

Old 12-23-2016, 05:52 PM

Default EverSewn Sparrow 25 Sewing Machine

Please forgive the hole in my head where my brain used to live, or at least exist. I think I remember someone asking about this brand sewing machine, but I do not remember any response. It would be in the last two months, or less.

Does anyone have/use this machine?

My grandson wants a machine for his wife, and this sounds like it would be good. Am planning to see/try one in January, but it is an hour and a half away so requires some planning around work.

If I buy a machine for this one, then the 6 other granddaughters may also want one and this does cut into my yarn and fabric budget causing hardship because fabric and yarn come before clothes but after utilities. Honestly, does the electric and gas company not understand priorities? Sheeesh!

If anyone is interested in my findings, will be glad to report sometime in the second week of January.
Old 12-23-2016, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by TeeGee View Post
Please forgive the hole in my head where my brain used to live, or at least exist. I think I remember someone asking about this brand sewing machine, but I do not remember any response. It would be in the last two months, or less.

Does anyone have/use this machine?

My grandson wants a machine for his wife, and this sounds like it would be good. Am planning to see/try one in January, but it is an hour and a half away so requires some planning around work.

If I buy a machine for this one, then the 6 other granddaughters may also want one and this does cut into my yarn and fabric budget causing hardship because fabric and yarn come before clothes but after utilities. Honestly, does the electric and gas company not understand priorities? Sheeesh!

If anyone is interested in my findings, will be glad to report sometime in the second week of January.
Sewing Pattern Review has a user review on this machine. http://sewing.patternreview.com/review/machine/6070
Old 12-23-2016, 08:28 PM

I'm borrowing one right now and in my opinion I would not buy one. It seems to me since it only weighs 7 lbs there must be a lot of plastic parts. It does sew nice. I only used the blanket stitch (is why I borrowed it) and it did sew that stitch nice but could not figure out how to adjust the width or length .The owner can't find the manual so I was on my own . If you have any questions and you want me to try something else please let me know.And Happy Christmas!!
Old 12-23-2016, 08:53 PM

Alex Anderson promoted this one, I believe, and just bought it for her granddaughter.
Old 12-24-2016, 07:19 AM
Power Poster

You can see the inside of one while it's sewing. Looks like metal to me. Go to the 1:20 mark. I test sewed on the EverSewn 25 and it sewed fine. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one. There are lots of you tube videos how to use this machine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vq8tMKlKgw
Old 12-24-2016, 07:38 AM

If you can check out the

brother project runway

from Walmart. It's more budget friendly and has a lot of good features too. I bought one for a beginner quilter and it works great.

BTW I see you are from Ohio, anywhere close to bottom half?

Last edited by lovingmama; 12-24-2016 at 07:41 AM.
Old 12-24-2016, 09:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by lovingmama View Post
If you can check out the

brother project runway

from Walmart. It's more budget friendly and has a lot of good features too. I bought one for a beginner quilter and it works great.

Many, if not most, of the low end machines, Brother included, do not have an internal frame for stability. The Eversewn machines do have an internal frame, you can see it in the available videos. I plan on getting one after I get moved.

Cari
Old 12-24-2016, 11:37 AM

your gs wants a machine for his wife. I thought he was just asking your opinion on which would be best deal, least $$$.....if you want to " check it out" and report its worthiness to him, by all means, but then let him write the check.
Old 12-24-2016, 11:43 AM
Power Poster

Remember there are three models of the EverSewn machine. From very basic to higher end. I would go with the high end one which is the 25.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by lovingmama View Post
If you can check out the

brother project runway

----------------
Actually, if I walk to the end of the street, I can see the River, so I am at the "bottomest" of the bottom half. SE Ohio, south of Marietta.

Where are you?