Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Eversewn Sparrow 30

Eversewn Sparrow 30

Just purchased an Eversewn Sparrow 30 and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a carrying case I bought it to take to retreats, etc, and so I would like to find a nice case for it. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    I bought a Sparrow 20 for retreats to replace my little cs6000i and I have been putting it through a workout. I made 200+ fleece ice pop holders for a hospital, 25+ jar grippers which really tested it. Also sewed on 16 double kitchen towels getting them ready to crochet hangers on them and finished with piecing sections of insul brite for hot pads. It never missed a stitch. I however am done for the day. Taking it on back to back quilt retreats the last two weeks in October. Will let you know how it behaves itself. I am very happy with it so far.
    In my dream world, fabric is free and sewing makes you thin.

Sharon

I already had a lime tutto so use that. Because it was for a bigger machine I can get the Sparrow, small ironing board, small rotary mat, small iron... actually everything I need short of fabric in it. I love my Sparrow 30! and have put my Featherweight up for sale

Hope you ladies have better luck with your Eversewn machines than I have....purchased the Eversewn Hero which has the embroidery module....the machine sewed beautifully....hooked the embroidery module up and wouldn't work...they sent me a new machine and told me to keep the first machine.....received the new machine and the embroidery module worked great.....FOR ONE DAY.....turned it off one day and turned it on the next morning and sounded like all the gears were coming out of it....called them up and let them listen to the machine over the phone and they couldn't believe it and didn't know what the problem was....told me to keep the machine also since they couldn't sell it...so I now have two Eversewn Hero's....one machine sews great but won't work with the embroidery module and I have two embroidery modules that work but no machine to hook it up to....and one machine that won't work....so I ordered a Brother PE770 embroidery machine and embroiders great.

David

I have the Sparrow 30 and love it. A guild member has the Hero and she hasn't had any trouble at all with the embroidery part. I hope you got your money back. It was decent of them to say keep the machine that wouldn't do embroidery. I'd take it to an all brand machine repair and it could be something simple. The Bernina shop here, the tech said the Eversewn was made like a Bernina and he could repair or at least tell what is wrong, but on his own time, not the shop time.

I bought the Eversewn rolling case. And the case I bought at Walmart for $40 works great for it too.
    Last edited by Onebyone; 09-10-2018 at 07:27 PM.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Harbor freight has some great rolling totes. Rollers and telescoping handle. Mine was about $24. Holds a lot. If you can get a 20% coupon it's even cheaper. They are black but I can stand the color for the price.

I also bought a rolling tote from Harbor Freight. It's sturdy and serves the purpose. I take it to my Quilts of Valor sewing day once/month. Best deal $24 vs. $200!

Thanks for the great responses everyone - and also the reviews that sound good. Sorry David for your experience w/the Hero I have been thinking about getting one of these machines for retreats, etc for about 6 months now. I really didn't need another machine, as I have a Janome, Viking, Juki and TWO featherweights...but I wanted a light-weight machine that could do more than straight stitching because that limits my choice of what to take with me on retreats. Now that I have the Sparrow 30 I can bring whatever I so desire. Haven't tried to use it yet, but I have unpacked it and looked at the instruction manual, so that's a start.

What do owners of Sparrow machines have to say about them? I am just now noticing this "new to me" brand.

I’m a fan of rolling suitcases. I have two that you can easily find at Ross, Marshall’s, or TJMaxx. Measure your machine and find the smallest one that will fit. London Fog has great wheels. If you choose, leave room to insert some padding (foam rubber or a towel).

Eversewn does have nice rolling cases:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Ever...nt=firefox-b-1

I'm really tempted to get a Sparrow 30....just because of the happy comments here.

I found this rolling case at Amazon for $79...wonder if it would work:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IC134BU...0-db2842fa7303
    Last edited by mindless; 09-11-2018 at 01:25 PM.

When I bought my Janome I bought the Tutto - but that was so I could take the classes on how to use the Janome - I also use it for my Viking because they are both rather big. But for my little portable machine I bought a rolling case from Joann's with a coupon - I believe it was a 50% off and it was very inexpensive. It was such a good deal I went back about a week later and bought one for my sister. (It was on clearance and they still let me use the coupon since they said clearance is not sale. Okay!)

Quote Originally Posted by Madgie Rae View Post
    What do owners of Sparrow machines have to say about them? I am just now noticing this "new to me" brand.
    I have had my Sparrow 25 for almost a year and I love it. Stitch quality is great for a light machine. Now that I have put it through the paces, I wouldn't hesitate at all in getting the Sparrow 30 if I thought I really needed another machine. I "won" this machine in a contest. I have been pleasantly surprised at its performance. Try one out if you have a chance. There are some youtube videos on the Sparrow. Alex Anderson likes it as well as Leah Day now uses it to quilt her quilts and carries them on her website.

Blog Entries
    Eversewn has a tote. It may be available online, but I saw it at the shop where I bought my Sparrow 30.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

I have a "tool" box from WalMart and my friend has one from Home Depot. The machine fits in the bottom and it has trays above that will hold your thread, rotary cutter, scissors, etc, etc. Much cheaper than the sewing stores and much more useable.