Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Excited about class, but... >

Excited about class, but...

Excited about class, but...

Old 04-27-2018, 04:43 AM

Default Excited about class, but...

I'm so excited about a class I'm taking tomorrow on Ruler Work. I have been waiting since December and I'm driving 50+ miles to take this class - so hopefully will have a great experience and learn lots of fun stuff. But last night I dreamed about the class.... I walked in and they had it set up in a large fancy room - which was full of celebrities at the sewing machine, and a secondary room where it was simple, but usable. I was nudged to the secondary 'lower class' room and set down my stuff at one of the sewing machine stations. Then someone came in & took my spot, and nudge my things aside. Then someone else did the same thing. Crazy! My dream class turned into a bizarre nightmare. hahaha! All the celebrities at their sewing machines got full attention from the instructors, but the cast-off class was just there trying to hang on. Totally weird!!! The quilt store where I going was very nice and friendly. I can't wait to tell them about my bizarre dreams about their class. Funny!

Do y'all have crazy quilty dreams?

Donna Mc

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-27-2018 at 05:37 AM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps
Old 04-27-2018, 04:56 AM
Power Poster

Let us know how your class went - - -

Yes - I sometimes have odd dreams - and they sometimes don't go away after I get up.
Old 04-27-2018, 05:16 AM
DJ

So funny! Did you at least get some autographs?

I'm beginning to do some ruler work and have taken a couple of classes. Usually my machine will act up in class, so I can't get the full benefit of the practice.
Old 04-27-2018, 05:37 AM

The only quilt dreams I've ever had were how to solve a problem I was having with design or construction so, useful dreams. I have enough anxiety about quilt classes so I'm glad I haven't had one like yours!
I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Watson
Old 04-27-2018, 06:22 AM
Power Poster

I sometimes dream about quilting and my quilt turns out spectacular! To bad it's just a dream.
Old 04-27-2018, 06:23 AM
Power Poster

I'm sure your class will go a lot better than your dream!
I have weird dreams too, but not about quilting. That surprises me because all I seem to think about is quilting!
Old 04-27-2018, 06:36 AM

I honestly don't think I ever dream about quilting. It's usually me driving and not knowing which exit to use, or sonething like that. And it's snowing. Hope your class turns out to be fun!
Old 04-27-2018, 08:34 AM
Power Poster

I don't remember any quilting-related dreams, but I did have a work-related dream, more than 40 years ago. I had a new baby, and was learning my second programming language, FORTRAN. The baby started crying in the middle of the night, and in my dream I tried to program a diaper change. The baby quit crying, and in my dream the program was working. Then the baby started crying again - oh no! A 'bug' in my program! I have to fix it! I eventually woke up to real life, and a wet baby.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:01 AM

Dunster-- that is the best "work" dream ever LOL! When the baby started crying did the card reader spit out your stack of cards too??? That's the main thing I remember about Fortran-- the university where I worked in 1979 still used Keypunch machines and it seems that I was always having that reader spit out something that was not right LOL...

PS- if you figure out how to create a yard weeding program let me know...

Rob
Old 04-27-2018, 03:12 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by rryder View Post
Dunster-- that is the best "work" dream ever LOL! When the baby started crying did the card reader spit out your stack of cards too??? That's the main thing I remember about Fortran-- the university where I worked in 1979 still used Keypunch machines and it seems that I was always having that reader spit out something that was not right LOL...

PS- if you figure out how to create a yard weeding program let me know...

Rob
My first programming jobs did indeed involve punch cards. How things have changed!