Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Excited for my daughter >
  • Excited for my daughter

• Excited for my daughter

Old 11-08-2011, 05:21 PM

I'm so happy for you both! To work together is fun and encouraging for your daughter, I'm sure. We just heard of a young family who had their 4th little girl this week and she has spina bifida along with other problems-been praying for them. They knew the problem was there before Autumn was born at a Children's Hospital, but it looks like a difficult road ahead. Their youngest at home is less than a year old!! My mother has been making yo-yos and wants to make toy animals with them.
    Old 11-08-2011, 06:19 PM

If you have contact with that family & they have an interest in talking to someone who has "been there & done that", I'd be more than happy to talk with them sometime. I've been a contact person for our spina bifida clinic for several years - they allow new families to call me to learn more about our experiences. Every child with spina bifida is different, even if the same vertebrae are involved. That's a fascinating part of the condition. My oldest & youngest (Salina is in the middle) are a total of 39 months apart - mine weren't quite as close as theirs, but I was running in auto-pilot for several years!
    Originally Posted by jillnjo
    I'm so happy for you both! To work together is fun and encouraging for your daughter, I'm sure. We just heard of a young family who had their 4th little girl this week and she has spina bifida along with other problems-been praying for them. They knew the problem was there before Autumn was born at a Children's Hospital, but it looks like a difficult road ahead. Their youngest at home is less than a year old!! My mother has been making yo-yos and wants to make toy animals with them.
    Old 11-08-2011, 06:28 PM

I am so excited for you daughter. What is her name? When she completes her next project, please post a picture. I can tell from your post that you are really a loving Mom. May God bless youboth.
    Old 11-08-2011, 06:44 PM

Her name is Salina. I hope we can have a picture or two posted very soon!
    Originally Posted by BETTY62
    I am so excited for you daughter. What is her name? When she completes her next project, please post a picture. I can tell from your post that you are really a loving Mom. May God bless youboth.
    Old 11-08-2011, 06:54 PM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

Thanks for sharing, put a smile on my face.
    Old 11-08-2011, 07:01 PM

Location: in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)

What a great story! We can't wait to see what she accomplishes. As for the needle threader, this one is easy to use. I love mine. And I think I saw them at my JoAnn's. http://www.ConnectingThreads.com/Clo...eThreader.html

Hope this works for her.
    Old 11-08-2011, 07:26 PM

That's so nice to hear she can do something like that with you. Beautiful memories. Have fun. Sue
    Old 11-08-2011, 07:28 PM

I just helped a friend buy the Brother 6000i machine. It has a needle threader, speed control and a stop/start button or foot pedal. It's under $200. You can read the reviews on Pattern Review or do a search on QB. Walmart used to carry them, but you now have to order on line and they'll deliver to store so there is no shipping charge. Clover has a needle threader for regular sewing needles and then there's the easy thread needles that have a slot at the end.