Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabri-Fast rail system... >

Fabri-Fast rail system...

Fabri-Fast rail system...

Old 04-24-2010, 07:14 AM

So, after a wee delay I FINALLY have my Grace Sturdy-Lite frame set up. It's beautiful. I'm excited. Ready to drive over anything that's not nailed down. Except....

The little strip that you use to jam the fabric into the rail IS MISSING. Like, wasn't shipped. The tool is here, but the stripping is not. I have a call into the place I ordered from, but it will be several days before anything comes in the mail, kwim? What do I do in the meanttime? I wanna say it's like weatherstripping or something...what can I do to try out my machine and frame this weekend?

AAaaaaaaaarrrrrghhhh!
Old 04-24-2010, 07:22 AM

its tubing you use for aquariums, or at the hardware store you can buy it off a roll
Old 04-24-2010, 07:23 AM

Like, literally that's all it is??? Well, that's an easy fix....they should put it in the instructions though if you need to buy it yourself!

:thanks:
Old 04-24-2010, 07:26 AM

yes when I set mine up I cut the tubing for a queen, now I added the other piece and had to get new tubing, some is softer than others and easier to get in but it all works as long as you don't get it any bigger than the one for aquariums, good luck
Old 04-25-2010, 06:54 AM

So, after a trip to Home Depot to get 3/8ths tubing ($8) and sending hubby back to exchange for 1/4 inch tubing ($5) I have the leaders all installed. I'm so stoked!

Oh, and got a call back from the sewing machine place.

Oh, and re-looked through my instructions....and I suspect they DID send tubing, and it is stuffed in the aluminum rails, that are attached to the frame. :oops: But for $5...I'm totally not taking apart the tubes to get to them.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:01 AM
Power Poster

I had a hard time finding mine too. It did turn up but they shouldn't hide it. :lol: :lol: I wanted that baby set up quick and didn't want to spend time looking for things. I love mine......hope you do too.
Old 02-18-2016, 05:28 PM

I used .230 diameter screen spline in place of the tubing $2.50 for 25 feet now I can get started quilting on my new z44