Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric is addicting! >

Fabric is addicting!

Fabric is addicting!

Old 01-21-2012, 05:12 PM

My name is Paulette. and I am a fabricaholic.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:20 PM

Went to Road to California today, didn't buy any new fabric, but bought a pattern for the cutest cup aprons (hoping to use some stash), also saw several patterns that I have to make which means more fabric...
Old 01-21-2012, 05:28 PM

I have the "disease" also. I have to keep my stash in my bedroom as we don't have an extra room for quilting. And it's beginning to look like a "hoarder's" room. Almost have to have a path through all the storage bins for fabric...LOL
Old 01-21-2012, 05:49 PM

I have it too. My problem is when fabric is on sale, especially 50% off and more. We had a Fabric Shop go out of business, and now one of my fabric shops is have for the month of January 50% off of everything. That is what gets me in trouble. But I never pay full price for fabric. And I have from 20 to 30 UFO's.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:04 PM

It is better then drinking and on drugs. Also cheaper the having to see a head doctor.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:09 PM

Oh my gosh!!! I start looking at patterns, fabrics - and I want to go crazy!!! I find my self wanting to go in so many different directions at once! Right now I am staying away from the fabric. Gotta do it. Want a new sewing machine. Have more fabric than I realize sitting in my closet. Want to learn new techniques, time to loosen up and go scrappy!!! Going to take a paper piecing class, this will slow me down some. And yet, I keep browsing online. Bookmarking pages (my daughter shakes her head when she sees the number of pages I have bookmarked!). Keep printing out patterns. E gads!!!!! Sometimes I ascribe to the "this is therapy" thought. Other times I think - you seriously need therapy, get a grip!!!
Old 01-21-2012, 06:35 PM

Ah Dawn the old this is therapy vs you need therapy dilemma. For me it depends on how recently I have blown money on fabric I don't need.
Par for the Day: I am with you, I don't buy fabric unless it is on sale, but with the internet you can almost always find something on sale. Right now I am holding the line at $5 a yard, so that limits me a little. It is still amazing how much fabric you can find for under that price.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:37 PM

I'm trying to "train" my husband well. I just played the YouTube Video about hiding your stash, and he thought it was pretty funny. However, it doesn't stop him from asking "What project is that for?" when I come home with more fabric. Of course, it was just more fabric that I either absolutely fell in love with and had to have, or knew would go well with other fabric for a future project on my bucket list, or was that final piece for a project I was was working on, or something. Do you really need a reason to buy fabric? He's learning! At least he has a sense of humor about it!
Old 01-21-2012, 06:52 PM

Yes, I believe we all have had this problem at some time. I too must stop buying and get some things finished so I refuse to go to another quilt store until I finish at least three of my UFOs.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid View Post
When you feel the need to start hiding your stash this is a good video to watch . This cracks me up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKiiO...eature=related
Oh my goodness this video was too funny! Sadly, not all of those ideas were new! YIKES. Just hope I don't end up on the Hoarders show!