Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric is addicting! >

Fabric is addicting!

Fabric is addicting!

Old 01-19-2012, 12:58 PM

That is such a cute video! Had to call DH in to watch-just so I could say "I'm not that bad!" (YET!) I can't stop buying either! My moratorium on buying didn't last long-have probably bought 60-80 yards (mostly in 1-2 yard cuts) since the beginning of December when I started making purses. Now, I am hooked on making them and can't stop buying fabric! It was easier when trying to visualize quilts, but every fabric I see now, I see a purse/bag in it!! Looks like I am going to have a de-stash sale soon!
Old 01-19-2012, 01:08 PM

I really have to stop acquiring fabric. In fact, last weekend I met someone who has a friend who is looking for someone who would like her quilting stash and supplies. I told him that I have more than enough fabric as it is. What was I thinking???
Old 01-19-2012, 01:53 PM

It's a disease alright. It's contagious but not fatal. I'll never live long enough to go through my entire stash. Told hubby if I should kick off, he needs to divide my fabric between my two closest friends and anything left, e-bay it because it is worth some $$.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:14 PM

You are not alone. We probably all have more than we will use in our lifetime! I'm sewing as fast as I can!
Old 01-19-2012, 02:21 PM

My theory is....we are hunters and gatherers....isn't that what this is all about? If there is a space to fill, we need to fill it....it makes wonderful insulation in our homes and in our hearts.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:42 PM

I have the same disease. This year I am going to try to stick to spending gift money on fabric. I made my birthday money(Sept.) last until Christmas. Hopefully Christmas money will last until Mother's Day, then birthday again. Of course I still spend money on books, batting, and other quilting supplies. Lol. Kids and husband all know to give me gift cards and money for fabric stores. I'm easy to buy for.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:50 PM

Welcome to the club. After I buy it, sometimes it is hard to decide what to use it for - "It's too pretty for this or that"! LOL
Old 01-19-2012, 04:34 PM

Well, when you see a "light" with the sweetest design in a peach color, I think 2 yards is needed. That way, when I need a "light" with a little design in a peach tone I will have it at my fingertips and won't have to go out shopping! I want to have lots of fabrics I love on hand (about 50 copier paper boxes full and a couple of dressers full in the bedrooms of the children that have moved out.) Everytime I walk into the store with a coupon I come out with another cut for my collection. Fabric is not my problem; storage, that's my problem!
Old 01-19-2012, 06:05 PM

That video is the funniest thing. I'm not there yet but...... I said that I wasn't going to buy any fabric this year. Like all resolutions, it is broken. It is an addiction and I throughly enjoy it. I'm not drinking or gambling like a lot of people in this county.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:29 PM

Yep, I understand totally! So addicting! I put myself on a budget for all the good it is doing me! We will see how long I last on budget! Ha! It is all fun though, I am trying to focus on my projects I started.