Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric Addiction >

Fabric Addiction

Fabric Addiction

Old 03-16-2010, 07:50 AM

Joann's usually has coupons in-store too. AND I don't know if all of them do this and they don't advertise it but here Hancocks will honor Joann's coupons. Now remember, they don't advertise it so we have to kind of keep it under wraps, okay?
Old 03-16-2010, 08:33 AM
Fox

raptureready: I appauld your use of sarcasim at the store. Their rudeness is probably what closed them.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:18 AM

raptureready: I agree with Fox and applaud your use of sarcasm. I agree that fabric doesn't have to $10/yard to be beautiful but I do check very closely Joann's fabric as well as Hancock's b/c I gotten misprints and blank spots on fabric from both of those stores. Buyer beware no matter where you shop!!!
Old 03-16-2010, 09:27 AM

I have too but I've also found them at the expensive shops. I watch what I purchase, I think you have to. Maybe I'm just very intollerant of snobbishness.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:01 AM
Fox

Perhaps we all should be less tolerant--there is no reason for us to spend our money where we're going to looked down on, or worse, talked about after we leave. I have bought a lot of fabric on the internet, and every place has been very kind. Unfortunately I haven't always been crazy about the hand of the fabric when it got here, but if I use it in small amounts as in a scrap quilt, they work in nicely.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:06 PM

There's a lady in one of my classes that's a perfectionist. I applaud her. That I don't mind, it's just when people begin to think they've actually achieved perfection...
She told me one day not to substitute a different gold. I had enough to do all the blocks but not the cornerstones and borders. She said, Every time you look at it you'll remember that you had to compromise. I told her No, everytime I look at it I'll think WOW I finally finished that one and it's a beauty----and I do.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:54 PM
Fox

Good for you!
Old 03-16-2010, 01:47 PM

I agree with you. There would be no quilts if they had to do as our moms and grandmothers did for fabric. I remember my DEAR mom saving the tails of my Dads shirts, the legs of his jeans, the skirts of our dresses. to make quilt. I remember her saving a smallllll piece of the flour,sugar and feed sacks to match for a quilt. I even remember (as an a side) getting dishes out of Quaker Oats boxes. lol. Thank God for our nice shops,Joanne,w-m and hancock. jolo
Old 03-16-2010, 01:47 PM

I agree with you. There would be no quilts if they had to do as our moms and grandmothers did for fabric. I remember my DEAR mom saving the tails of my Dads shirts, the legs of his jeans, the skirts of our dresses. to make quilt. I remember her saving a smallllll piece of the flour,sugar and feed sacks to match for a quilt. I even remember (as an a side) getting dishes out of Quaker Oats boxes. lol. Thank God for our nice shops,Joanne,w-m and hancock. jolo
Old 03-16-2010, 05:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by raptureready
There's a lady in one of my classes that's a perfectionist. I applaud her. That I don't mind, it's just when people begin to think they've actually achieved perfection...
She told me one day not to substitute a different gold. I had enough to do all the blocks but not the cornerstones and borders. She said, Every time you look at it you'll remember that you had to compromise. I told her No, everytime I look at it I'll think WOW I finally finished that one and it's a beauty----and I do.
Good for you, I hope she understood your message to her. Penny