Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric By the bolt??? >

Fabric By the bolt???

Fabric By the bolt???

Old 03-12-2011, 11:55 AM

What is Marshall's Dry Goods shipping policy? I put some items in the cart and the shipping was listed as n/a. Couldn't find info on the site. Prices were right!
Old 03-18-2011, 05:20 AM

I have been known to purchase bolts of muslin from Joann's using their coupon. Really makes a difference in the price. You can do this with any of their fabrics. Just buy the whole bolt as one cut of fabric and use the coupon!!!!! Works online as well as in the store.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:51 AM

I've also bought bolts of batting at JoAnns with the coupon.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:55 AM

http://www.yelp.com/biz/sauders-fabrics-denver

if you're anywhere near the vicinity of denver, pa., this is the place.

several times each year, they bring in thousands of bolts for their bolt sale and offload them from trucks onto their loading dock, which is then FULL of cartons of bolts. the prices are unbelievable. call the phone number for the next sale.

p.s. be prepared to buy more than you expect to. i was there 2 years ago, and i'm still working from a bolt of black and haven't even started on two prints.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:25 AM

Default Joann App

Originally Posted by clsurz View Post
And how do we get these coupons for JoAnn's? I'm signed up with them but never get any info.
If you have a smartphone, download their app - current coupons are always there, and you can see upcoming coupons as well. I see coupons in the app that aren't in print. Also - they will take as many 40% and 50% off coupons as you have (provided your items are reg price), as long as the coupon code numbers are different. I'm able to combine my print coupons with coupons on the app since the numbers are always different.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by clapperj View Post
http://www.thousandsofbolts.com/ This is one place I know of.
Oh my - finding this site is going to be dangerous! The Quilters Toolbox is amazing!!!
Old 10-21-2012, 08:49 AM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

Originally Posted by time2quilt View Post
At JoAnns, you have to sign up, then when you go, even if you don't buy anything, have them scan your "flyer" that you get in the mail to keep on their mailing list. About every 3 weeks, I get a 40% off coupon from them....and occasionally get a 50% one.

I think I need to unsubscribe from this site.....I do not need to know about inexpensive fabric. ha ha.
I don't buy fabric from them either, but I have bought their Ott lamps on sale for a very good price and other miscellaneous items at very reasonable rates. Never fabric. I don't have a Joann's around me and have to shop by mail, so I wouldn't buy fabric.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:56 AM

I purchased several bolts of white muslin for a cathedral window quilt from Jo-ann's. I called the store directly (the store is about an hour's drive) and was able to use my 40% off coupon. I did pick up my items from the store when they arrived from the warehouse. They arrived wrapped in clear plastic and in great condition.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:38 PM

Get a business license or buy thru a friend with one and Choice Fabrics in Tennessee is a huge fabric wholesaler. Check out their website.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Diecy View Post
Yes, they do. I do however suggest it is best to check out the fabric in person from them because I know for a fact if you don't you can get some really cheap fabric that is not worth buying. Plus the shipping is high.
who are you talking about?