Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
FABRIC FLING >

FABRIC FLING

FABRIC FLING

Old 01-05-2011, 01:25 PM

Plus, you can visit our website to see the picture of it, plus see our wonderful tumbler quilt kits. All of your pieces are precut, just lay them out and sew them together.
www.thequilthsoponline.com
Old 01-07-2011, 02:15 AM

I am in Australia and would love to know where I can purchase a copy of this pattern
many thanks
Lynn
Old 01-08-2011, 06:56 PM
BMP

Ck the search boards it was posted yesterday or today by the gal that made it, she gave the directions on how she did hers.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:34 AM
Administrator

if you google on "fabric fling" quilt pattern (include the quotation marks) you'll find vendors who offer the version of the pattern you have to pay for.

it's a string quilt. they've been around since who-knows-when. free instructions are available on the internet using a variety of methods. one can be found here:

http://quiltville.com/striptwist.shtml
Old 01-11-2011, 06:50 AM
BMP

Originally Posted by BMP
Ck the search boards it was posted yesterday or today by the gal that made it, she gave the directions on how she did hers.
the post for instructions was deleted, I see that the shop/store (only 2 messages posted and both are in re: to this particular pattern)that carries the pattern has posted on this thread I wonder if that had anything to do with deleting the posted instructions by the original gal. If you will notice
Old 01-11-2011, 07:01 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by BMP
Originally Posted by BMP
the post for instructions was deleted, I see that the shop/store that carries the pattern has posted on this thread I wonder if that had anything to do with deleting the posted instructions by the original gal.
there's been some confusion regarding copyrights issues, so some surgical editing has been done to head off problems. there are several threads going on now about this particular pattern, so i'm getting dizzy trying to keep up. :lol:

"Fabric Fling" is the title of a pattern/instructions written and published by a specific author for sale on the commercial market.

sooooo any efforts to "reproduce" or to "restate" the instructions as written by this author using that title are a copyrights no-no.

even though this block is not unique, and the layout can be found all over the place going back uncounted years, the author no doubt invested a great deal of her time and energy writing and illustrating her version of the instructions, arranging for publication, marketing, advertising, etc.

we need to respect her efforts and investment, and her legal right to determin proper use of her pattern by not pirating or paraphrasing the results or by "borrowing" her title for the quilt(s) produced from her instructions.

clear as mud?
Old 01-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Power Poster

I totally respect someones efforts to make a living, but realistically all you have to do is look at the quilt and it isn't that hard to make.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:50 PM

Does anyone know where the Fabric Fling pattern can be bought?
Old 01-11-2011, 01:59 PM

Thanks
Old 01-11-2011, 03:08 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
Does anyone know where the Fabric Fling pattern can be bought?
at least one source is provided in this topic:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-86371-2.htm