Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: fabric quality from BackSide Fabrics??

fabric quality from BackSide Fabrics??

I did a search of this board for places to buy backing fabric and saw a couple of mentions of Backside Fabrics. They have exactly what I want in their "value collection" for $9.90 per yard for 108 inch wide fabric! The brand is Santee Printworks. My question is, those of you who have purchased from BackSide Fabrics, what do you think of the quality of the fabric. That price seems too good to be true.

Blog Entries
    I guess it's not so much the seller, Backside, that you should ask about, it's more the fabric manufacturer, Santee Printworks. I have purchased Santee fabric, it was a wide backing and I thought the thread count was a bit low. OK for backing (seems to be wearing fine), but not like the other name brands they carry.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Thanks Paper Princess. Good point. This is for my most ambitious quilting project, so I don't want to skimp. Think I'll go with a brand I know.

I found some great 108" fabric at Thousands of Bolts for $12.99 per yard. It washed well and the thread count was good. It did shrink about 5" in width though. Would certainly use them again. Sorry I can't remember the fabric manufacturer.

Check on Marshall's Dry Goods. Recently bought some backing from them at $7.99 yard. It's a nice fabric, and I'd buy from them again.
    A quilt is like a good life. It's full of mistakes, but, in the end, it looks pretty good.

I have bought from Thousands of Bolts and Marshall Dry Goods and I looked at*Backside*Fabrics. I like Marshalls the best. Good assortment of name brand fabrics and prices are great. Good service and delivery.

I backed a quilt with Backsides $9.90 "value collection". This one: http://www.backsidefabrics.com/108-v...ng-gray-black/ I was very pleased with the outcome.
    FancyFoot

Wow, they have some good prices on their backing remnants...would be handy to buy for borders!
    People who start projects and never finish them are cooler
    than people who never start projects at all.

http://quiltingquick.weebly.com/blog.html

I also got mine from Marshall's very nice quality and only $7.99!