Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric for quilt >

Fabric for quilt

Fabric for quilt

Old 01-08-2016, 02:15 PM

Smile Fabric for quilt

I am trying to find a fabric line from Keepsake quilting from 2012. It is called Zen garden batiks medley. My son and ddil loved it and I couldn't order at the time and now want it to make them a quilt. Any ideas where I might find this line? I googled it and nothing has come up. I do not know the manufacturer. Thanks for any help anyone can give me. I hope you all are having a wonderful new year so far. typical winter here. But that's ok......this too shall pass! lol!
Old 01-08-2016, 02:20 PM

You can try ....... quiltshops.com and put the name of this fabric line in the search area.
Old 01-08-2016, 02:25 PM

there are some on ebay, but small rolls. might not be enough for a quilt. but it's easy to find batiks that go together. you can try Hoffman or Tonga collections too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batik-by-Mir...item58c8e3c72f
Old 01-08-2016, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Sync View Post
You can try ....... quiltshops.com and put the name of this fabric line in the search area.
Thanks for the tip. I went there and typed in Zen Garden and yielded no results. That's what I've gotten most places. It is the fabric line that was used to make the Labyinth quilt in keepsake quilting for 2012. I guess my only hope is if someone bought the kit or fabric and didn't use it. Maybe someone will read my post and have it! that would be a yippee! Thanks for the suggestions!
Old 01-08-2016, 03:43 PM

The manufacturer is Mirah. Here is a site with some of their fabrics. Don't know if any of these are from the Zen Garden collection but maybe this is a start for you.
http://www.materialmart.com/shop/Bat...k-by-Mirah.htm
Old 01-08-2016, 03:53 PM

Here's the website with an e-mail address at the bottom, maybe they can help you locate the line:

http://www.batikbymirah.com/shop/
Old 01-09-2016, 09:56 AM

Those are Princess Mirah batiks. They are really nice fabrics. She used to have a warehouse in the town nearby, and they had warehouse sales on occasion. The first time I found the place the sample room manager was selling off discontinued fabric for $2 a yard. I bought $40 dollars worth of fabric and thought that was a lot, then thought some more and called her back, but she said someone else bought about $400 of the discontinued fabric. I tried to get in touch with her a few times after but never heard back – I guess she was no longer there. How I wish I had bought more fabric at the time, although 20 yards is plenty, of course, but still – batiks!
Old 01-09-2016, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by willferg View Post
Those are Princess Mirah batiks. They are really nice fabrics. She used to have a warehouse in the town nearby, and they had warehouse sales on occasion. The first time I found the place the sample room manager was selling off discontinued fabric for $2 a yard. I bought $40 dollars worth of fabric and thought that was a lot, then thought some more and called her back, but she said someone else bought about $400 of the discontinued fabric. I tried to get in touch with her a few times after but never heard back – I guess she was no longer there. How I wish I had bought more fabric at the time, although 20 yards is plenty, of course, but still – batiks!
Thank you to all who have answered and tried to help me out. Unfortunately, I sitll cannot find the particular medley from keepsakequilting mag. I will keep looking. I emailed one place I visited (already forgotten which site it was) and maybe they can help me find it. Again, thank you all! This board is the best!
Old 01-09-2016, 07:53 PM

Smile Batik fabric for Labyrinth quilt from keepsake quilting

I am posting a different post so maybe others will have the info I am seeking. This quilt is in the 2012 spring edition of Keepsake Quilting newsletter. It is on page 13. The fabric I want is on page 8 of the same catalog. The quilt kit has Debbie Maddy's directions. There is no other info on the fabric as to manufacturer or designer. I wish they had put the name of the manufacturer! Anyway, if you have made this or have the fabric to make this kit please let me know. You might can give me the name off the selvage of the fabric. I could contact the company and see if it is still available. If not, I will begin visiting shops online to try to put this quilt together. My hesitation about ordering online is the colors are not always that true and I also like to see the different pieces together before working on it. I shoulda, coulda, woulda, you know how that goes! Thanks for anyone who can offer help! I do appreciate it.
Old 01-09-2016, 08:13 PM

Here's the thing about Keepsake Quilting (it's local for me), they never, ever disclose the manufacturer of the fabrics they sell. It's so you don't go buy it somewhere else. Even in the shop itself, the bolt ends are covered over with stickers to prevent you from seeing the source of the fabric. Furthermore, if you bought it as a kit from them in 2012, odds are just about zero that KQ still sells whatever fabric they used in the kit even if you knew the manufacturer's name.

Your best bet, if online shopping for batiks is too risky for you, is to try to find fabrics locally that will work to your satisfaction. Sorry.