Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
fabric stores along I 75? >

fabric stores along I 75?

fabric stores along I 75?

Old 07-31-2012, 06:15 AM

The Fabric Shack is about 20 min off of I-75 if you want a nice place to stop. Little quaint town, lots of antique shopping and a few local restaurants. It's off of OH-73 /W Central Ave/ Franklin Rd in Waynesville, Ohio.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:24 AM

A Scarlet Thread - Mcdonough Georgia and Magical Stitches - Macon Georgia. Both right off expressway.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:38 AM

in Sharonville (Cincinnati- exit 16 @ I275E to exit 46, turn right onto Lebanon Rd, which then turns into Reading Rd after a couple of stoplights.) sewEzy is on the right side of the road, and about 3 blocks away is another quilt shop, called Aunt Ruth's Quilt shop. If you turn right at the next stoplight past Aunt Ruth's, you can turn right again onto Sharon Rd, and it's only a few miles back to I75 S.
Continuing on down I75 into KY, you can get off at exit 181 (Florence-Burlington Pike), go down about 7 or 8 miles to a four-way stop. (can't remember the name of the road, but it starts with an I - Idlewild or something like that). Anyway, turn rigt at the 4 way stop, and go down about two blocs, and the road curves slightly to the right, and you will be at Cabin Arts Quilt shop, which is also a vey nice place to go.
there are others, but they are a lot harder to get to.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Scraps View Post
Lake City has two!! One says "artsy" and it is a really nice quilt shop. I can drive right to both, but can't remember the names. Check out Lake City on the net. They are just off I 75 and close by each other. Trenton is a long ways off I 75, but Suwannee is a really nice shop with a cafe for lunch. Plum Avenue quilt shop in Dade City is a nice shop too. Have fun!
One is called Amy Genes on Main st and the other is on 90 and is called Fabric Shop or something like that.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:44 AM

Evy mentioned the one in South Ga. It is at the southern end of Valdosta and is really, really easy to get to from the Interstate. I also cannot remember the name of it, but there is a billboard advertising it......have a great trip. I SO do not look forward to that drive twice a year!!!
Old 07-31-2012, 02:22 PM

The Quilt Box in Dry Ridge is close to I-75 but is an "interesting" drive in the country to get to. Well worth it as the shop is awesome.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:32 PM

Location: in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)

How far south in Florida are you coming?
Old 08-01-2012, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by MaryAnnMc View Post
How far south in Florida are you coming?
Going to Tarpon springs and then Disney for the honeymoon with the grands.DD did everything backwards!lol
Cousin said qshops around Orlando the traffic would be bad as we`re not use to it.
I just realized we are travelling on the weekend so most won`t be open.
Just had an email from Happy Apple that they are moving in Sept to Palm harbor where my uncle is.
Not that there present store is far.
Gale
Old 08-01-2012, 04:41 AM

Waynesville, while off the highway a way, is well worth it, as is antiquing in the area.

The Quilt Box is wonderful - they are soooo nice in there and the drive is peaceful, as is the ground.

Aunt Ruth's in Sharonville - scope it out well because I had a hard time finding it and actually left. Call ahead and get exactly where it's at. REading Rd is divided road, one way in each direction and the numbers on the bldgs are difficult to see.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:13 AM

slight correction to previous directions - both SewEzy and Aunt Ruth's quilt shops are on the right side of Reading Rd; SewEzy has a sewing machine sign in the front yard. Aunt Ruth's is smaller, and has a fabric sign that says "Quilt Shop" on it. theybare closed on Mondays.
Where I had said. .."road curves slightly to right...." is incorrect. Road actually curves slightly to LEFT and the shopis immediately on the right - looks like a log cabin.
All three places have beautiful fabric and the staff are great.
There is also Bella Quilts in Hamilton. One turn off I75 ( at exit 24 -Hamilton ), go straight about 8 miles, stay in middle lane. As soon as you cross the bridge, look to your right for the quilts in the window. Another really nice shop with gorgeous fabrics and great staff.