Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric Weave >

Fabric Weave

Fabric Weave

Old 05-26-2009, 11:31 AM

we have a water softener to help with our hard well water. They are all cotton. Even the instructions cautioned not to go too hot, but I did b/c of my allergies, I need to kill all the bugs and wash off all the allergens. They are rather thick but they were nothing like the stuff I just got which is really nice. I have had them for two years and little sign of getting soft again maybe just a little... I guess we have to wear them out some more :)

I'll be on the lookout for the chamois and portuguese flannel from now on. Thanks.

Originally Posted by butterflywing
flannel sheets should be getting softer with each wash and dry. check to see if they are all cotton. also, some of the best cotton flannel in the world comes from portugal, but it comes in many weights. hold yours up to the light and compare it to other weights. do you have hard water? that also makes a difference in feel. the chamois that i have been able to find was referred to as "men's shirt quality'. i wish i had some to send you. even a small bit to feel, but it's long gone. check garment fabrics as well as quilting fabrics.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:50 AM

i have friends in lalaland. where are you located there? maybe you can all get together.