Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
A fabric you absolutely love. >

A fabric you absolutely love.

A fabric you absolutely love.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Quilt4u
Have you found your favorite or most beautiful fabric yet? How mush did you buy or was it just a FQ? I mean you just have to have it no matter what? Me I have to say no that is why I still look and buy. I have not got to the fabric that I absolutely love.
I am madly in love with Fusions 7 by Robert Kaufman. It is in every single quilt I make and I've made quite a few quilts with just the Fusions fabric. I love ALL the colors and never buy less than 3 yds, but I buy bolts of my favorite red and blue.

Second favorite is most of the Fairy Frost line by Michael Miller, especially the color Snow.

Diane

Diane
Old 04-03-2010, 08:56 PM
Banned

I have seen fabric that I absulotley love right on the board, just cant buy it. Like that iris fabric, just love it :D Penny
Old 04-04-2010, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by Ricki
I found one and bought five yards and may go get more. In Texas we pride ourselves in our beautiful wildflowers. I went in my favorite quilting store last week and found a beautiful fabric of bluebonnets, red Indian Paint brushes, yellow wild flower, pink all blended on a navy blue background. My friends and I bought so much Ms. Godfrey is ordering more. They had two quilts made up in it...I wish you could see it. I just came home and hung the material on my quilt rack so I could see it. What did I Pay? Welllllll I won't be shopping for awhile.
I remember how beautiful those flowers were when I lived in Texas. The highways were a beautiful lined with those flowers!!!
Old 04-04-2010, 11:26 AM

Oh wow! I love it all and just can't wait to put all those lovely pieces together! I did buy a 1/2 bolt of purple batiK and thought, why did I buy this? But later this became the highlight for another quilt! It was perfect and I love it!
Old 04-04-2010, 01:07 PM

I do that lots of times. I also so like to cut my squares from both sides for a quilt. It looks great to. Joanne
Old 04-04-2010, 03:10 PM

i went back home to MI last fall and went on a shop hop with my oldest friend from high school. at one shop i found this fabric that i had to have. as this tiny little old lady (80 if she was a day, complete with the big white bun in her hair) was cutting in, Anne asked what i was going to use it for...i said "i don't know but i need it"

the little old lady cutting my fabric told me this story:

when she was a new bride, she went shopping with her mother (who was a new wife @ the beginning of the great depression" the daughter had picked out some fabric & was purchasing it when mom asked what she was going to make out of it.. when the daughter replied that she didn't know yet, mom had a minor meltdown right in the store, because according to mom, you can't spend $$ on something if you don't know what it would be used for.

the daughter's response was "I'm going to take it home, wash it, and stroke it, and dream of what it could be, them put it up on my shelf, and on a bad day, i'm going to take it down, and stroke it some more, and dream of what it could be.

eventually, the daugher found the right pattern for the fabric, and made mom a quilt with it.

mom never said you shouldn't buy anything again, and i got a new term for what i do in my studio..

when the kids or grandkids can't find me, my dh tells them, "she's upstairs stroking her fabric"
Old 04-04-2010, 03:18 PM
Power Poster

That's my moto
Old 04-04-2010, 09:34 PM

My favorite fabrics are always the ones I bought for a project. It has to be perfect for the quilt and for the person I plan to make it.
When I find the fabric I was looking for, then I feel real happy and excited and hardly can wait to start.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:04 AM
Banned

have found two, a luxurious red/gold busy pattern that is both warm looking and Could be used for Xmas ,bought by weight and cost little for over here [UK] and another Igot at a garage sale -3 yds for $1.60 ,again very busy and party like ,saw it on ebay for $ 8.99 metre ---------you do not know just how lucky you are having ALL these stores with loads of super quilt fabric and often at super prices.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:18 AM

Too many favorites to count, but I really LOVED this fabric so I made a Bow Tucks purse out of it. Not sure if you can tell, but it's stacks of fabric :)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-48175.jpe