Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fabric you would love to see made...

Professional baseball teams!!

Blog Entries
    Better "true" colors.I have a lot of yellow shades,but need a true gold.....same with reds.Not orange red or fire engine red, just true red.
    Would like to see a better selection of cream on cream & WOWs.

Nice cat prints, without butterflies or hearts or bows. Dogs as well.

Realistic animals....horses, cows,dogs...

and a bigger selection of turquoise colors..

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
    More 30s stuff, lol, especially with animals, cant get enough!
    Also, realistic animals, especially cats and dogs!
    DITTO

Blog Entries
    My daughter was a tennis player through high school, college and now she's on an adult league. Have only found maybe one fabrich with just tennis. I don't want footballs,basketballs, baseballs, soccer balls and tennis balls on the fabric...just tennis balls or tennis players.

Goats, someone once asked me if I had ever seen any.

more fabric like the 30's fabric. they had such bright and vibrant colors.

realistic elephants not the babyish or cartoon designs you see everywhere.

Posted then looked at my avatar...haha

Check online for all those types of fabrics. quilt stores in some states have totally different fabrics than others. Check out quiltshops .com and put in a search. You can also make your own fabric at spoonflower.com.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hopetoquilt
    Professional baseball teams!!
    Ditto on the baseball teams!

Also - more music related. Musical instruments.

Medical/dr/nurse fabric. was looking a few years ago for some. wanted to make a baby quilt for a couple that were chiropracters. Seems like when I really want something the only place i see it is in my head!

FEMALE chefs, female karate children and adults, female police officers......sigh.....I have a daughter who has been involved with these and when I made her a memory log cabin, there were 92 fabrics on it all relating to her life and I couldn't find these! Talk about a stash builder! I bought either a half yard or a yard of each fabric I used. I will be using the remnents FOREVER!!! (And I am so happy about that! I always remember something wonderful about her.) I saw her this morning and I miss her already. I think I'll hug my fabric stash. Sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyl
    FEMALE chefs, female karate children and adults, female police officers......sigh.....I have a daughter who has been involved with these and when I made her a memory log cabin, there were 92 fabrics on it all relating to her life and I couldn't find these! Talk about a stash builder! I bought either a half yard or a yard of each fabric I used. I will be using the remnents FOREVER!!! (And I am so happy about that! I always remember something wonderful about her.) I saw her this morning and I miss her already. I think I'll hug my fabric stash. Sweet.
    I also made a memory quilt for my daughter when she went off to college...and since we live so far away (Europe) and she's in the states, we aren't sure when we will see her again...I think the same when I see the fabrics I used to make her quilt (and the same for her two older brothers' quilts.)..

Hugs.

Quote Originally Posted by justflyingin
    Quote Originally Posted by Phyl
    I also made a memory quilt for my daughter when she went off to college...and since we live so far away (Europe) and she's in the states, we aren't sure when we will see her again...I think the same when I see the fabrics I used to make her quilt (and the same for her two older brothers' quilts.)..

Hugs.
    Here's a hug for you too!!! Phyllis

I would love to see the old red and green Christmas colors. I do not use the new dark red and dark green. Hope someone in the fabric design business is watching this site.

Hey Everyone!
    I know there is the buy, sell, trade thread on here... Perhaps we can start one maybe entitled "Wish List" that would have just fabrics that folks are looking for? I know myself I have fabrics I don't want/need and would love to find a home for? What do you all think?

RDM
    Blog Entries
    More geared towards the older kids interests. Our guild does Ronald McDonald house quilts and there is always a lot for young kids but not teens.

Tone on tone fabrics..... just can't see to find them any longer and I love to use them for my background fabrics. White, beiges and all light tones!

Lord of the Rings. I had a request for a LOTR quilt and there was absolutely no fabric. I ended up designing something, but a little fabric would have helped. And I'm thinking any fabric with Viggo Mortenson and Orlando Bloom on it couldn't be bad.

Oh, and cheese, of course. Haha.

Blog Entries
    High Adventure. Not necessarily of people doing it - that may restrict some buyers, but the locations. Wild rivers, (canoe, kayak, white water rafting, anglers); Rock faces, (climbers, base jumpers, rappelling); subterranean splendor, (cavers, tourists). All would also be good for landscape quilts. Wilderness is already readily available for the camping and hunters.

If you are looking for novelty prints check out the web site for The Quilting Hen in Carter Montana. They have the best selection of novelty prints I have ever found.

Quote Originally Posted by tigger5464
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria L
    Raggedy Ann and Andy fabric. I loved the line Daisy Kingdom had.
    I second this :thumbup: :thumbup: Also...not just muscle cars, but Mustang cars of all ages. Can't find any with a Mustang car alone on it. :(

My Mom and Sister in law did find Raggedy Ann and Andy in Shipshewanna (sp?) Indiana last year. I think that they found it in Lollies while there. Mom knows I'm a huge fan, (have them tattooed on my leg) and brought some back for me. ;) (Lucky aren't I? :D )
    Thanks for the tip...I will check them out. :)

:P :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy N
    I have a son in law that runs in triatholons and I can't find fabric for male swimmers or runners. I did find bikers. Some day I will pull it all together!
    I agree. I have grandchildren who are runners and I have yet to find any fabric that shows runners.

Blog Entries

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast