Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Farmer's Wife Sampler blocks - done!!

I started this as a BOM over two years ago and then got side tracked. I decided I really needed to finish it this year. And over the week-end I finished block #111 - woohoo! Of course, as I was admiring it, I realized I had put one of the rows upside down and had to redo it. But it is finally done. Now to put it together with sashing, etc. Feels good to get this far and had to share it with someone who would understand (that is definitely not my DH who doesn't understand my passion for quilting but supports it all the same)

woo hoo, way to go! 111 blocks?

Hip, hip, HOORAY!!!!! What an accomplishment!

Blog Entries
    I am on the very early stages of this journey. Congratulations on your achievement! Do you have pics?

Quote Originally Posted by SunQuilts
    I started this as a BOM over two years ago and then got side tracked. I decided I really needed to finish it this year. And over the week-end I finished block #111 - woohoo! Of course, as I was admiring it, I realized I had put one of the rows upside down and had to redo it. But it is finally done. Now to put it together with sashing, etc. Feels good to get this far and had to share it with someone who would understand (that is definitely not my DH who doesn't understand my passion for quilting but supports it all the same)
    good for you! can we see many pictures, please? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will post pics when it is finally together - provided I master my digital camera by then! I want to add that this BOM (actually 10 blocks per month) was a pleasure to do because the quilt shop included plenty of fabric each month. Don't you hate doing a BOM where it is a puzzle as to how to get all the pieces from the fabric provided?

Blog Entries
    Please post it in the Farmers Wife BOW thread. Several have worked on this quilt for the past year and we have been sharing pictures and comments.

My avatar is my FWQ.

I have admired this pattern. Never had the courage to start. You should be so proud of yourself.

Congrats on finishing! It's such an accomplishment, you can be very proud of yourself. Looking forward to the pictures of the finished quilt.

I am really looking forward to seeing the pictures. Congrats on finishing!

it's on my to-do list.

I'm seven weeks into it and am on block 12. It's nice to know that people do finish.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie1
    I'm seven weeks into it and am on block 12. It's nice to know that people do finish.
    Are you posting on the FWS threads? There is a picture thread for every two blocks. We'd so like to see.

Yes, please ladies ... please come and post them on the threads, and join OKSewGlad and I in the 2nd wave of FWS quilters! :)

SunQuilts ... great to know you have finished .... though would REALLY like to see pics! Please don't feel you have to wait to show us the finished product. We've been posting as we go ... so please show them to us whether on your design wall or floor or wherever!