Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Fast Rotary Cutting video

Blog Entries
    Dear Quilting Buds,

I have been searching for and doing everything you all suggested but I got one reply from a web site saying I had the program who puts out this video turned off. It went by me so fast I didn't have time to take it in. Anyone with an idea on what program I have turned off.

Quilty bud, Bernice

Blog Entries
    Real Player, Quick Time, Adobe flash Player, or some similiar program probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernice
    Dear Quilting Buds,

I have been searching for and doing everything you all suggested but I got one reply from a web site saying I had the program who puts out this video turned off. It went by me so fast I didn't have time to take it in. Anyone with an idea on what program I have turned off.

Quilty bud, Bernice
    Hi Bernice,
    I can't access it either. I wonder if it's a Canada thing?
    Bummer!

Dear Quilting Buds,

Quilty bud, Bernice
    I would try it again and try and see what they are saying is turned off. Possibly you have blocked something in your computer so it won't run. If you still have problems put the link up on here and I'll try it for you here and see if I might help you figure this out. I'm not majorly computer literate but I can do a few things.

Blog Entries
    Dear Quiltmaker,

Here is the link --http://www.hgtv.com/videos/super-fas...ting/4431.html

Quilty Bud, Bernice

I've tried several times and HGTV videos doesn't seem to work for those
    outside the US. Maybe someone nice can give us a recap or a tute.
    Please, pretty please. :D

Blog Entries
    I watched it and it's awsome!

Dear Quiltmaker,

Quilty Bud, Bernice

Hi Bernice.....I clicked on the site your provided and once there the video started automatically. Wow...I am really stumped on this one. I didn't have to click on the video for it to start...it just started. I saw nothing that even said how the video was playing.

Maybe as some of the other Canadians are saying HGTV videos for whatever reason will not play in Canada? I don't understand because when we were in Germany I could get HGTV videos to play. I also used a German internet there so it just doesn't make any sense to me.

Maybe if you tried to contact HGTV they could provide some answers to you. It truly doesn't make sense to me.
    Please let me know if I could try anything else for you.

Blog Entries
    i am using Adobe Flashplayer 10

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

(it is a free download. )
    to watch the videos.

i only know this, because i "right" clicked on the video, and it told me what i was using..
    i hope you are able to figure out the issue. because anita grossman is my favorite!

Blog Entries
    I can't get it to play either and I am in Australia

Quote Originally Posted by watterstide
    i am using Adobe Flashplayer 10

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

(it is a free download. )
    to watch the videos.

i only know this, because i "right" clicked on the video, and it told me what i was using..
    i hope you are able to figure out the issue. because anita grossman is my favorite!

Thanks so much Watterstide, I didn't know that. I did what you mentioned and yes mine was also on the same thing. So hopefully this will work for everyone now if they download this particular player.

Blog Entries
    Dear Quiltmaker,

Quilty Bud, Bernice
    Oh, good this link worked for me this time! Neat idea! Can be adapted for a lot of shapes.

Gotta be a USA only link. I have the correct player, correct settings. When I click on the link, the video screen appears but the timer says it has zero content and there are no images at all. If I click in the screen area or click play, it goes to an advertisement.
    Bummer. Could anyone explain the content? Anyone know of an alternate location to play this video?
    Thanks,
    A Sad Canuck

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilliebee
    Gotta be a USA only link. I have the correct player, correct settings. When I click on the link, the video screen appears but the timer says it has zero content and there are no images at all. If I click in the screen area or click play, it goes to an advertisement.
    Bummer. Could anyone explain the content? Anyone know of an alternate location to play this video?
    Thanks,
    A Sad Canuck
    If you let the advertisement play what happens after? A lot of videos have these ads before they start.

If I had a working camera I'd gladly take some pictures to give you the idea. Anybody willing to do that?

Basically its for a OBW of a square on point within a square. All the squares start off the same size. Temporary marks are made on the cutting board, no measurements are needed after you decide on the original square size. The tute showed 6 pieces being stacked and cut at once and the demonstrator says she's done up to 12 layers (I think).Her marks on the cutting board extend beyond the Squares and a ruler is aligned with these lines and the pieces cut. You end up with an on-point square and 4 triangles which you then mix and match. If anyone is interested I could perhaps draw it up and scan it into the computer.

Its a great idea and might work with other shapes. (I'm Canadian but living in Washington St.)