Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fat Quarters at Big Lots! >

Fat Quarters at Big Lots!

Fat Quarters at Big Lots!

Old 10-23-2010, 07:12 PM

I saw this post yesterday about the fat quarters at Big Lots so when I went to town today I just had to check it out. Lo and behold there they were! I think someone else found out before me. Don't get me wrong, there were still enough for me but probably not anyone else now! Couldn't pass up the deal -- $1.00 each!
Old 10-23-2010, 07:42 PM

FQ's are 1.00 at walmart also and they feel better. A rep told me once that MOda doesn't run the lower quality bolts anymore so even fabric walmart gets is good stuff most of the time. I still go by looks and if I like the design. I haven't bought any fabrics at either store in a while but I would if I saw someting I liked. I thought the FQ's at Big lots looked liked what JOann's has. The packaging was familiar. I am going to loo again tomorrow. I ahven't bought nay but maybe like you said for pincushions or non-quilt items.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie
Originally Posted by stefanib123
My local Big Lots finally got the fat quarters that everyone was posting about on here!

They were $1 each, and I actually almost overlooked them. I was getting ready to give up and leave, and I happened to look on the bottom shelf, they had them in a basket, you could barely see them. They were in with the scrapbooking stuff.

My son has my camera, so I will have to post pics later. I can't find a brand name or anything on them, but they are a nice quality. The sticker on them just says "Fat Quarter", does anyone know what brand they are?
Looks like I'll be going to Big Lots after my morning breakfast with the girls.
me too.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:47 PM

Debbie I wish my Wal-mart had fat quarters. The closest thing in our store is kits for aprons and kits for sherpa vests! That's the only fabric in ours--I look everytime I go in sometimes 2 or 3 times a week. Other than that we have 1 fabric store that specializes in heirloom sewing and an upholstery outlet that has a table of dress fabric remenants. Talk about your basic rural shopping. I either have to drive a hour for some quilting shops and Hancocks or I order online. Looking forward to Michaels opening. I know they usually don't have fabric but for kids school projects, Michaels will be a blessing.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:11 PM

We're getting a Big Lots store here in November. Yeah! I'll be checking it out for sure. I haven't really found anything at Harbor Freight I could use. They haven't had the blades the couple of times I've been there.