Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Fat quilts for "fluffy" people >
  • Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

• Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

Old 10-07-2010, 06:32 AM

Boy the $5.00 for every time wanting to loose. I would have LOTS of money for fabric!
    Old 10-07-2010, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by betc
    I'm in been doing Wii for about 6 months lost about 15 lbs.

Slow going it goes on faster and is more fun.

I guess that's life...........
    I do the wii also for exercise. I have back problems so am limited but there is a lot I can do and it's a fun way to work out. son gets a kick of his momma working out. (he's 31)
    Old 10-07-2010, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
    Boy are there lots of good ideas for blocks on this thread, ya'll are a funny group. How many are going to do this but not the weight loss challenge? It is a lot of fun, and lots of encouragement too.
    I did the weight loss challenge for a while, but frankly, I got tired of giving away my fqs. I think I wouldn't have any left by now! ;) Something happens to my mind when I set myself in a "have to" mode and I gain unstead of lose. I do much better if I just concentrate on doing the things I need to do to get healthy. Then the weight comes slowly off. I love this idea, tho. I have so much to lose, I may try a block for every five pounds. Work slowly on the block, like add a piece for every 1/2 lb. lost. Might try that. I think I will try to work out a block with a small photo of each of my kids & grandkids in it. Any ideas of what block would work?
    Old 10-07-2010, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by JudeWill
    Boy are there lots of good ideas for blocks on this thread, ya'll are a funny group. How many are going to do this but not the weight loss challenge? It is a lot of fun, and lots of encouragement too.
    I did the weight loss challenge for a while, but frankly, I got tired of giving away my fqs. I think I wouldn't have any left by now! ;) Something happens to my mind when I set myself in a "have to" mode and I gain unstead of lose. I do much better if I just concentrate on doing the things I need to do to get healthy. Then the weight comes slowly off. I love this idea, tho. I have so much to lose, I may try a block for every five pounds. Work slowly on the block, like add a piece for every 1/2 lb. lost. Might try that. I think I will try to work out a block with a small photo of each of my kids & grandkids in it. Any ideas of what block would work?
    I have seen some that have the picture as a center block and then a star pattern around it. Beginning quilter here so don't know the name of the block- I do like the idea of a block with a picture.
    Old 10-07-2010, 07:22 AM

I think I will do the disappearing nine block for the weeks I lose and a regular nine patch for the weeks I gain. I have 40 lbs to lose.

I think this may work.
    Old 10-07-2010, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
    I get to make my first quilt block. YAY!!!! I lost a pound, WooHoo!!!! Ok I will stop bragging.
    Awesome! Can't wait to see it. :)
    Old 10-07-2010, 07:33 AM

I having a hard time to get started too. Now, I am going on a trip for a week. So will start when I get home for sure.
    Excuses, excuses, excuses. :roll:
    Old 10-07-2010, 07:35 AM

Congrats! CJ momma. I keep replying and not with the quote
    Old 10-07-2010, 07:41 AM

I love this idea! I just started with the October challenge, but started weight watchers a year ago with 70 pounds to lose. Even though I had lost 30 last May I gained over the summer so have lost 20 now. Sigh. So I'll be making a quilt that eventually will have 70 or so blocks. I like the idea of "disappearing" so will make a D9P quilt. It will be for a double bed.

Please help me figure out - if I use charm packs how many will I need to make these blocks? If I go with FQ how many? I'd like 3 different fabrics if I go with FQs.

Does this sound like it will work with 70 blocks? Should I go with larger squares than the 5"? 10"? SOmewehre in between?
    Old 10-07-2010, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by grannie-k
    Originally Posted by JudeWill
    I have seen some that have the picture as a center block and then a star pattern around it. Beginning quilter here so don't know the name of the block- I do like the idea of a block with a picture.
    Great idea, but I don't think I'm ready for a star block. I've made 6 quilts, but they have all been pretty much the same--graduation quilts for my grandkids.