Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fat quilts for "fluffy" people >

Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

Old 10-07-2010, 08:43 AM

For my D9P question ---
AFTER SOME MATH:
If I make 70 blocks I can make a quilt that's 7 blocks across and 10 down - I think that's more than enough for a double bed - I'll adjust the borders accordingly. If it takes 9 squares to make a block I'll need 16 charm packs? That doesn't sound right.

I'm sorry to be so dense, but I should wait till later to work on this. I'm diabetic and working to bring up a low sugar and ... need to wait a while to figure this out!
Old 10-07-2010, 08:43 AM

I tried the weight loss challenge--lost 6, gained 8.

I'm afraid if I try this challenge I'll be the only one to end up with NO BLOCKS!!
Old 10-07-2010, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by janRN
I tried the weight loss challenge--lost 6, gained 8.

I'm afraid if I try this challenge I'll be the only one to end up with NO BLOCKS!!
Nothing ventured nothing gained. Pun on purpose. :thumbup:
Old 10-07-2010, 09:51 AM

I, too have tried the weight loss challenge. I just did not work it like I should have plus I kept losing the thread. So this is a new challenge for me. I want to do some kind of block for the weeks I don't lose so I can see my progress good and bad. I was thinking about maybe same pattern but different color? But I also like the 9 P/disappearing 9P. Or maybe I will just treat myself to a particularly challenging block when i lose and do a more mundane one when i don't.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:59 AM

oh my gosh, you are a riot
Old 10-07-2010, 10:32 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Here is my first square, it is 9X9in. I haven't sqaured it up yet so it looks a little rough. I decided to use a notions theme for this first one. It only seemed fitting considering I am doing the weight loss with my quilting friends. I may do the whole quilt this way if I can find enough notions themed fabric's. Right now all I have is the spools and there is only enough to make 1 more block so we will see.

My 1st block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]102474[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-102469.jpe  
Old 10-07-2010, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Here is my first square, it is 9X9in. I haven't sqaured it up yet so it looks a little rough. I decided to use a notions theme for this first one. It only seemed fitting considering I am doing the weight loss with my quilting friends. I may do the whole quilt this way if I can find enough notions themed fabric's. Right now all I have is the spools and there is only enough to make 1 more block so we will see.
I love the block. makes me want to exercise when I get off work so I can loose and make a block!
Old 10-07-2010, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by JanTx
For my D9P question ---
AFTER SOME MATH:
If I make 70 blocks I can make a quilt that's 7 blocks across and 10 down - I think that's more than enough for a double bed - I'll adjust the borders accordingly. If it takes 9 squares to make a block I'll need 16 charm packs? That doesn't sound right.

I'm sorry to be so dense, but I should wait till later to work on this. I'm diabetic and working to bring up a low sugar and ... need to wait a while to figure this out!
To make 70 blocks, you'll need a total of 630 squares, which is approximately 16 charm packs. Or you could mix the charms with yardage of whites or neutrals (cut into charm-size squares). That way, you only need 1/2 as many charm packs - and a couple yards of a neutral.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:40 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by grannie-k
Originally Posted by cjomomma
I love the block. makes me want to exercise when I get off work so I can loose and make a block!
Thank you!!! You can do it. I am rooting for you....
Old 10-07-2010, 10:53 AM

Congrats cjmomma! Our first block picture, I only weigh myself once a week, so I won't know til Monday if I get to make a block.