Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Favorite batting? >

Favorite batting?

Favorite batting?

Old 09-03-2012, 09:44 AM
Power Poster

wool batting is my favorite too- i also have tried and love all of the batts from the Dream company---dream wool, dream orient, dream silk, dream bamboo, dream green...they are all wonderful to work with, needle beautifully, i love them all. when i am not using a dream batt i (generally) am using a hobbs batt- the heirloom, 80/20, hobbs wool, all are very nice. i personally do not use w&n or w/w---but many of my customer's do- so i do quilt with it alot- it's...ok
but not my preference
if i can not find a dream batt i go with a hobbs. (when ever i come across a new batt i've never tried before i pick one up & try it. there are so many wonderful batts on the market- i choose my batts by the project it is for- i never restrict myself to one particular batt-fiber or brand
Old 09-03-2012, 10:44 AM

Quilters Dream Request is my new favorite. I used to always use Warm & Natural, but came across Quilters Dream Request. It's light weight and I love the way it drapes.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
Wool batting is my favorite.
Mine, too, tho I, too, like Hobbs Heirloom 80/20 when I use cotton. But wool is my favorite by a long shot!
Old 09-04-2012, 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen View Post
Hobbs Heirloom 80/20 or Quilter's Dream Request weight. I call Warm and Natural, warm and naturally stiff as a board. LOL I think the scrim makes it really stiff if you quilt it closer than the 10 inches apart it says is the max.
I hand quilt and these are my favs with QD Request at the top of the list. Will use Hobbs 80/20 if I'm in a hurry and can't readily find the QD Request. It's hard to find at a LQS because they usually cater to machine quilters since that's what most quilters do.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:20 AM

If I use cotton it is Hobb's 80/20. I just bought the Quilter's Dream wool and can hardly wait to use it. I think Quilters Dream is great stuff.
Judi