Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Online Quilt Shops?

fabrics.com and Hobby Lobby, and have been pleased with both.
    Amythyst

fabricshack.com is BY FAR my most favorite! Lots of great sales and LOW LOW LOW shipping. I've been to the store (near Cincinnati) and they are the best!

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!
    Quote Originally Posted by JanTx View Post
    Thousandsofbolts.com and missouriquiltco.com
    Agree on Connectiing threads and fabric.com
    these get my vote also
    You never stand taller than when you stoop to help a child.

Connecting threads
    Missouri quilt
    Beverly's -- just found this one, great prices and a daily special
    Fabric.com
    I come across new sites regularly. You just have to get out there and play. Go to fabshophop.com and you will find over 100 sites listed.
    Last edited by paoberle; 03-20-2012 at 04:12 AM.

I have ordered from Connecting Threads & have abolutely no complaints. Have also ordered from Quilt in a Day - love their rulers.
    Dance like no one is watching

Blog Entries
    Sorry you've had bad experiences, GiddyUpGo. I have used Connecting Threads as well as others but my
    favorite is www.fortworthfabricstudio.com . She is an online only and very helpful if you're looking for something specific.
    She ships the day you order and it's always exactly as presented. She even includes little extra things like personalized
    pencil or bag of cocoa mix...kind of sweet personal touch. Jodie is a great shop owner who keeps her prices reasonable.

I'm glad to see equilter mentioned. They have such a huge selection I'm always amazed. Seems like it was around Christmas they had a free shipping deal and I loaded up. Otherwise, I always look for free shipping such as fabric.com has. Fabric can be heavy and bulky and I'm not usually willing to pay an extra .50c to $1 per yard.

I avoid places that show prices by the 1/2 yard. I suppose they're ashamed of their per yard prices and are trying to mislead customers. It offends me that they must think I'm that stupid.

A place I don't believe I've ever seen mentioned but have ordered from several times is http://www.corinthianmills.com/.
    Every day, I find it harder to live up to my blue china.

I also live in the middle of nowhere. I have 1 quilt shop, 1 JoAnns and 1 Hobby Lobby. It is very rare that they have just what I am looking for.
    Here are my favorite online shops:
    Quilt Fabric Closeouts
    Whittles
    Fabric.com
    Connecting Threads
    Then there are times when I just need to do a search for the type of fabric I am looking for such as batik, civil war, 1930's, etc. I look for the best selection and best price and best shipping price. I think all the online shops have the local stores beat.....unless you live in a big city.

Blog Entries
    Quilt in a Day, MarshallDryGoods, Keepsake, Favorite Fabrics

When I am looking for something specific I check here. http://www.quiltshops.com/

LOVE fabric.com

Blog Entries
    Connecting Threads, Paducah, Fat Quarter and Green Fairy Quilts
    A bed without a quilt is like the night sky without stars.

http://californiaquilting.blogspot.com/

I'd like to add Overrainbow.com. I also like Hancocks of Paducah.

99% of the time I order from equilter.com

Quote Originally Posted by JanTx View Post
    Thousandsofbolts.com and missouriquiltco.com
    Agree on Connectiing threads and fabric.com
    I LOVE this PLACE!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDog View Post
    I'm glad to see equilter mentioned. They have such a huge selection I'm always amazed. Seems like it was around Christmas they had a free shipping deal and I loaded up. Otherwise, I always look for free shipping such as fabric.com has. Fabric can be heavy and bulky and I'm not usually willing to pay an extra .50c to $1 per yard.

I avoid places that show prices by the 1/2 yard. I suppose they're ashamed of their per yard prices and are trying to mislead customers. It offends me that they must think I'm that stupid.

A place I don't believe I've ever seen mentioned but have ordered from several times is http://www.corinthianmills.com/.
    I totally agree with you about the 1/2 yard pricing, has always annoyed me and made me wonder why on earth they feel it is necessary to use these types of tricks to sell. I like JC Penney's new approach to selling.... $15.00 not $14.99.
    Lynne

charlottessewnatural.net
    Homespun Hearth
    Stitch-n-Frame
    Depending on what you're looking for, Nancy's Notions has a lot of hard to find notions.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply,Speak Kindly, Leave the rest to GOD

My favorite is "The Quilted B. (www.thequiltedb.com). They have beautiful fabrics, good prices with good sales and beautiful packaging. Just ordered today and always look forward to getting my fabric, always looks perfect, pressed and folded......can't be beat.

connectingthreads.com when looking for pirate stuff, do you just put in Pirate fabric? I find that works better than browsing the different sites. You will get lots of sites that have what you want. I had to do that with sea turtles..smile

Blog Entries
    guessing Reno is closest Quilt Shops...............I have had good experience with keepsake quilting and you can call and speak to an actual person................ www.keepsakequilting.com 1-800-865-9458
    looked through the current catalouge and did not see pirates

I have bought from hawthorn threads several times and been very happy. Also the rented mule I have found to be very good too.

Quote Originally Posted by mighty View Post
    Connecting threads and Ericas also.
    I've had great service and quality from Ericas & Connecting threads.

Connecting Threads and 1,000 Bolts in a dead tie

Quote Originally Posted by karate lady View Post
    connectingthreads.com when looking for pirate stuff, do you just put in Pirate fabric? I find that works better than browsing the different sites. You will get lots of sites that have what you want. I had to do that with sea turtles..smile
    I do usually do that and it almost always works, but with the pirate fabric I was able to find only a few things (and I even searched Google Shopping and Google Images). I think the problem is that the pirate thing was kind of a fad that peaked about a year ago, and a lot of the manufacturers that were making pirate fabric have discontinued it, so that now you can only find it in the smaller shops and a lot of them tend to not be very well indexed by the search engines.

Someone here just led me to bugfabric.com, though, and they have LOADS of pirate stuff. I could make three or four quilts out of what they have to offer and they'd all be really unique. So it's great to have a list of those smaller sites just in case the search engines aren't taking me to where I need to go!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnegreen View Post
    Hancocks of Paducah has a huge selection; love Conncection Threads & Fat Quarters
    I like Hancocks of Paducah because I LOVE getting the "real" catalog. But they never have sales. Connecting Threads is probably my favorite. I also like Bear's Paw. In fact, they're having a sale now. And Fabric.com has a daily special that I like better than Missouri Quilt (you can only buy 1 daily special a day at MO Q which isn't fun).
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast