Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Online Quilt Shops?

Also, if you have something specific in mind, I go to the quilt shop search engine --->

http://www.quiltshops.com/search.htm
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Karen in Kentucky

I love The Quilting Hen the service is outstanding and the fabric is beautiful

My favorite online shop is closing, BUT Sue has some fantastic sales in the process. All is wonderful quality and prices -
    http://www.sewezdesigns.com
    ~~ Butterflies can't see their wings.
    They can't see how truly beautiful they are,
    but everyone else can. People are kinda like that. ~~

Oh I DO know where Rough and Ready is located - I am not too far from you.

My favorite is eQuilter.com. If you sign up for the free newsletter, it comes twice a week. There is a clearance button and you can check for sales. Periodically, there are special markdowns mentioned in the newsletter. The fabric quality is EXCELLENT.

I purchase from a number of wonderful ebay sellers - you have to know who you are buying from. Actually one of my favorite sellers is one I read about here. Most are quilters who are anxious to please.

Check out

somewheresewing a shop in Ohio that has top of the line fabric at good prices.. Also good sales from time to time... check it out
    Last edited by just retired; 03-21-2012 at 03:51 AM.

Blog Entries
    My go to shops are: Connecting Threads, Honeyforkfabrics.com and Big Horn Quilts. Honey Fork Fabrics has 25 fat quarter bundles for $30 and you can tell them what FQ you want such as colorway or 1930's, Civil War, Floral, Novelty, etc.
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

Here is another one for your list. www.quiltfabriccloseouts.com

Connecting threads by far...

I have ordered from Fat Quarter shop, Quilt Home, equilter.com, Cabbage Rose, fabric.com

My favs are The Fabric Shack, Honey Fork Fabrics, Thousands of Bolts and Quilt Fabric Closeouts. No complaints about any of them!

Quote Originally Posted by newbiequilter View Post
    Oh I DO know where Rough and Ready is located - I am not too far from you.
    Hi! Yes, Rough and Ready is in Nevada County near Grass Valley. We have a few fabric shops here; Sugar Pine Quilt Shop, Fabrics on Mill and Ben Franklin. All good shops for stash building but not huge selections and sadly lacking in pirate fabric. :-)

Where are you located?

Try Fabric Depot in Portland, Oregon. They are super and always fast and efficient. Never had a bad fabric or notion from them.
    Judy
    Friendship is the fabric of our lives!

Blog Entries
    I have liked Sew Spider. Her Website is:The Spiders Web Fabric Quilt shop.
    She has good prices, and if she doesn't have what you are looking for, she will do her best to find it.
    She has sales at noon on Saturday. She is on Easter St. Time, so you have to go by that!
    Mariah.
    Have a wonderful Quilting Day, make it your way!
    Marta
    Martha Tompkins

My favorite online shops are:

http://www.azquilts.com/
    http://www.greenfairyquilts.com/
    http://www.fatquartershop.com/

All have good service and quick delivery on fabric. Enjoy.

I use fabric. com alot. I have tried connecting threads. Both have pretty reasonable prices and quick delivery.
    I have come across a place called http://aaaquilterssupply.com/ AAA quilters has really nice fabric and prices are good. I buy my 108" backs from them. They have a few that are wider then that. They too are very reasonable and top notch customer service. If the postage she charges is cheaper she will send a refund
    I never believe in the word can't,unless you've tried

I am so glad you asked this question. I only knew of 4companies. Keepsake Quilting, Nancy Notions, Quilt in a Day and Connecting Threads. I will be trying some of the other companies now. Thanks everyone.

The Quilting Bee in Yuma Az. is another good one. Here is her web site. [email protected]

My order from http://www.jellyrollfabric.net/ today. It was my first order & wow! I was really pleased! I ordered 2 jelly rolls (RWB) & they sent me a free one, too (black & brown prints... really pretty)! It came in a timely manner & all-in-all, I was pleased. They don't sell yardage but they have precuts at comparable prices.
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Blog Entries
    What a neat thread this is. I see places I have never heard of. I have had very good luck with Keepsake Quilting and Connecting Threads. I have bought from E-quilter a couple times and they give excellent service, too. It is worth signing up for their newsletter, even if you don't buy. It is filled such interesting stories. They also donate a portion of sales to charities you can choose from. All of these on-line plaes are great when those of us who quilt, live not within driving distance of local quilt shops.
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

Senior Member quilter in the making's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Love all the suggestions everyone has. I'm trying not to buy fabric for a while until I get some of my "in progress" projects done but ran out of fabric I needed to finish a quilt for one of my grandsons. I just got the fabric I ordered online from JoAnn Fabric. I won't be ordering online from there again. I had bought some fabric there about year ago and I don't know where my head was at the time, but I didn't order enough of one of the fabrics. I had to have more so I could finish the quilt and found it was available online. I have never seen so many flaws in a fabric before. I bought two yards and quit counting at 25 flaws. Since I was in such a hurry to finish, I used the fabric and am hoping when it's quilted the flaws won't show. Most of them are small, so hopefully they won't stick out.

I absolutely love Connecting Threads-had a problem with a jelly roll and they replaced it even tho I only needed a few strips that had been wonky replaced. Also like Green Fairy and Charm Packs plus.

Thank you again everyone. I bookmarked every single one of the shops mentioned and I now have 58 online shops to choose from! I doubt I'll ever have trouble finding fabric again. :-)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast