Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Featherweght?

Welcome !

I would sleep on the doorstep!!! I sure hope you get it!

Run, don't walk. What a deal. Even if you need some work done on it, it's well worth it. I just bought a white/green one off of ebay and I just love it and haven't for one minute regreted buying it.

Run, don't walk. What a deal. Even if you need some work done on it, it's well worth it. I just bought a white/green one off of ebay and I just love it and haven't for one minute regreted buying it.

Sorry, just got exited and posted twice.

Blog Entries
    oh my goodness.. be standing at the door when that owner unlocks it! Buy that pretty baby FAST! It had the box with it attachments right there where you can see them!! Good gracious what a find! and $50.. geeze lousie, it's a steal!

Yes it is a featherweight. I have 2 of them and they are indeed made in Scotland and are a little bit rarer then the black ones. I have seen them for sale at quilt shows for as much as $600. I wouldn't sell either of mine for less then that but they are not for sale. Betty in Idaho

You have a Featherweight that is a gem! Congrats! It looks to be in great condition. Son got it at an excellent price.

The 99 is not a featherweight. In fact it probably weighs a lot. The one in the box is. Only weighs about 14 lbs. I sold a tan/white one without a case or any accessories for $150 a couple of years ago.

Yes, run!!!!! A more rare white one.

That is a great buy!!!!! Hope it is still there for you.

I showed my hubs the picture saying "Look at this!" He said "Awww, a featherweight and she bought it for $50". He was guessing about the price of course, but he recognized the machine right away. Guess I've trained him good. I have a black featherweight and paid $50 for mine, a few years ago and that's where he came up with the price. I would love to find a few more at that price for my DGD's who are learning to sew.

just last nite while i was reading this post, my 7 yr old GD says that she hopes that I buy her one somedays, especially this color! Ha...never will find one at close to this price ever. She has tried my 1950 Fw and loves it, thinks it is her "size" LOL
    SO with this info out, if you guys ever find one under $100....PLEASE let me know so that I can purchased for her inheritance..Thanks!

Please let us know if you get it!!!!!
    Good luck

Blog Entries
    That's a Featherweight and a steal of a price, even if it isn['t running you can get it repaired for not so much. Good luck, Hope it is still there.

Dee
    What a deal. Run and get the featherweight home.

Blog Entries
    did ya get it???? dying of couriosity (sp)

Blog Entries
    I have the one that is in the green and white case, got it at a garage sale for $25. Needless to say she didn't know what she had. I have my mom's black one that she got used in 1957. We made all our clothes on it till we got out of school. She left us in 2004 and I have it. Both of mine sew like a dream, and I have had the white one refurbished just this year, needed a new belt, it had sat up and it had just dry rotted. But all is well with them both now. The black one is the 221. I haven't looked to see what the one in the green and white case is or where it was made.
    Sounds like you all know, so you can tell me. Thanks

I'm a bit behind . Just now reading messages posted the other day. Anyway, I sure hope you got this Featherweight. I have one this color. Its called Beige, this color is rare and hard to find, so I am told.Not many of these were made. Bought mine in 1999, paid $ 250.00, which was a really good deal. I now live in Colorado and last year was offered $ 1,500.00 for my prized Featherweight. Have fun with it. They are a dream to sew on.

Blog Entries
    She got it! She started a new thread here, complete with pics:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-59675-1.htm

Power Poster
    I hope you have time to get it. It is a featherweight and it looks like it comes with all the necessities.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3