Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Feel free to laugh at me...

Feel free to laugh at me...

Just got my Brother PQ1500S, at the recommendation of someone here in the board, and I'm excited but more than slightly intimidated at the thought of threading this new machine! My last little cheapie model had numbers on the machine with arrows telling me which way the thread goes. LOL I'm sure I'll learn it, but I think I'd better hang onto that Quick Start guide for a while!
    Jenel Looney
    Assistant to Susan Mallery
    New York Times bestselling author

Blog Entries
    No laughter coming from me! I've had my Singer heavy duty machine for about 3 months and still keep the instruction manual within arms reach! It's not like all machines are the same..........
    Sue

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have that machine and love it, but I did have to hang on to the quick start guide for a bit to remember how to thread it. I love the automatic needle threader!!! I hope you enjoy the machine as much as I enjoy mine.

Blog Entries
    I have this machine and can't find but one con about it. I cannot use the auto threader. I can't understand the manual's line drawing of it and I have been to every Brother dealer in the area and not one had a PS1500 which of course has a different needle threader then the other Brothers. I guess I could tote the machine to the dealers but it's sure heavy. I have looked at it through a magnifying glass and still can't figure it out. I don't have a problem threading manually but one day I'd like to figure it out. No use in typing directions, without someone showing me or pictures I won't get it.
    Got fabric?

Power Poster
    That's why they print 'cheat sheets' -

Thank goodness!

I have to have the instructions for my Janome Jem as it's different from my 'home' machine and I forget when I'm in class/Guild and I've had it over a year.
    Have fun with your new machine.
    Annie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    I have this machine and can't find but one con about it. I cannot use the auto threader.
    BellaBoo - hopefully this autothreader is the same one you have on your machine....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaZAxXXOpAo&feature=plcp

Blog Entries
    Jenel - good luck with your new machine, you will love it! I have 6 machines - 2 Janomes, a Singer, a Pfaff, and 2 Brothers, and my Brother 1500 is by far my favorite!

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    I cannot use the auto threader. I can't understand the manual's line drawing of it ...
    If I figure it out, BellaBoo, I'll take a video and post it to YouTube.
    Jenel Looney

Quote Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
    Jenel - good luck with your new machine, you will love it! I have 6 machines - 2 Janomes, a Singer, a Pfaff, and 2 Brothers, and my Brother 1500 is by far my favorite!
    Wow, that's a great endorsement! I've heard such wonderful things. So far, I haven't even turned my on. I took the instruction manual to bed with me last night and read it through. Hopefully I'll find some time to play today.
    Jenel Looney

Blog Entries
    i have my juki tl98q on my frame. since i am not 100% sure of the threading, i made a copy of the threading instructions from the manual and keep it right under the machine... very handy!

Watched the video, thanks.
    I never could figure out how to use the needle threader. Now I know, its easier to just thread the needle so Im not missing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose Marie View Post
    Watched the video, thanks.
    I never could figure out how to use the needle threader. Now I know, its easier to just thread the needle so Im not missing anything.
    LOL! That's what I was thinking when I watched the video! I'll try out the needle threader, but it seems like it would be just as much of a challenge to use it as it would be to thread the needle myself.
    Jenel Looney

I had to keep looking at my manual for my Singer for at least 3 months. lol. My new machine has the numbers and arrows, even without them, it is still easier to thread.
    Sabrina
    Mommy to a 6 year old little girl, 3 dogs, 5 cats, and 2 fish. lol Life keeps me busy but when I have a moment, I love to sew
    http://ataleofamilitaryfamily.blogspot.com/
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/HugsLove

Congrats on your new machine!!!!

I keep my manual for my Janome Horizon right by the machine and I use it a lot. The automatic needle threader was a mystery to me for months, and then one day I kept at it and figured it out. Now, I never thread the machine the old way..... darn bifocals anyway!
    -Chris-
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Blessed are the children of quilters, for they shall inherit the quilts....

It does not do well, Harry, to dwell on the dreams....and forget to live. - Albus Dumbledore

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    So happy to hear you have a new machine! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. You'll love it!!
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

I have that machine and I am sure you will enjoy it. Just remember to thread the needle from the left hand side as you put the needle in side-on, not so that it is facing you.Happy sewing.

mine had the guide printed right on the machine and I went back to the shop(over an our away)"#&% 3 times to finally figure it out.

I've had my Brother NX 2000 since last October but still use the manual regularly. The threader on it was fairly easy to learn but I had trouble learning the threader on my Bernina 380. It just did not make sense to me and the pictures in the manual didn't help. Love both my machines but there is no way I will remember all that they do and put the manuals away. They are my BFFs.

Enjoy your machine. Fun times ahead!

Congrats on your new machine. I hope the video someone posted will help you use the needle threader. Yeah, those quick start guides are very helpful. I don't own a Brother so I can't give you any help but I'm sure you'll figure it out.
    Carol

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    I have CRS- so that manual is within a very close reach to it !LOL My grands made me a plaque that states my grandmother has CRS- can't remember stuff within a heart .. LOL so that one proudly hangs in my sewing room !LOL and they are right.
    I told them to always refer to the manual for their machines as every machine model is different, read the manual first then sew and refer to the manual as needed to prevent frustration.
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Apparently a lot of people have the same problem. It's the first thing that comes up on the Brother web site when you go to PQ1500. I notice at the bottom of the page there is a list of thread/needle combinations that will not work with the automatic threader. Maybe that is your real problem.
    Shirley in Arizona

No laughter coming from me either as I keep the manuals for my machines with the machines even though I've been sewing with some of them for years.

Thank you so much for the link Peckish. I have never in my life used a needle threader on a machine. I watched the video and did it on my "new" Brother machine I got this week even though it's a different model. What a concept! Thank you again. Maybe I ought to take a class.
    Mary

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast