Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
'fess up >

'fess up

'fess up

Old 08-22-2011, 07:08 AM

I clean when I feel like it, or if I think someone is going to see my sewing room. Otherwise, I just shut the door and walk away. Ahhhh the freedom of having doors on rooms.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:09 AM

Slob does not even begin to describe my sewing room.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:14 AM

Just me and DH - so I don't even close the door. When It gets really, really bad - like so bad that even I can't find anything - I straighten up.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:14 AM

I clean up when I can't see the top of my cutting table. Occasionally if I can't get in the mood to actually sew, I'll go in the sewing room and straighten up a little. Now, that's just the "formal" sewing room...the rest of the house has little piles of clutter everywhere and I get around to that when I get around to it. Good thing I live alone :lol: . The dog and cats are very forgiving housemates!!
Old 08-22-2011, 07:31 AM
Banned

My sweet husband turned the master bedroom over to me for my studio, and now I can fit everything in, longarm machine, a couple of sewing machines, an army desk/cutting table, a desk for the computer and a bookcase for my bins of projects and thread. The fish & Tackle box he gave to me for our first Christmas 25 years ago houses notions and small spools of thread, and the window seat contains all my UFOs. It should be neat and tidy, but I've always got a ton of projects lying around in various stages. I clear a path for clients, and keep chocolate on hand to bribe my girls to come and visit! :) Otherwise, I just shut the door and enjoy my space...
Old 08-22-2011, 07:36 AM

i admit my sewing room is kinda messy. but i clean it up before i start a new project.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by dltaylor
I am guilty of cleaning up after each sewing session
Same here. Sometimes I clean up during my sewing session. I never leave a mess because my kitties would have a field day.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:39 AM

For years I tidied up my sewing because I sewed on my dining room table. Now I have a sewing room. I usually leave my projects laid out on my work table and shut the door (which drives my husband crazy). But leaving it out makes it easy to pick up where I left off. I try to keep it a "neat" mess, but sometimes you can't clean it up til you finish with that part of the project.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:52 AM

I live alone, so clean when I feel like it. My quilting room gets cleaned pretty good after I complete a project. Don't care how long it takes me to finish project, don't clean till it's done. I think I would like to be the person who can know where her ripper, sissors, needles, machine instruction book, pattern etc. are at all times. But I'm not and that's just the way it is.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:55 AM

During a project it is a Enter at Own Risk zone but as soon as I am 100% finished the room gets a good sprucing to make it easier to start the next disaster area -opps I mean project