Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: It is FINALLY FINISHED!!!!

Wow lol I thought I was the only one that has a quilt from there! Glad you got it finished I've got one that is buried in the deep bowels of the closet I'm so mad at it I'm not in any hurry to rescue it either

Quote Originally Posted by faykilgore View Post
    okay, now I'm ROFLMAO! That so looks like something naughtier than a basketball end zone!
    Well... now that you mention it. Hopefully the kids at the school won't see it that way!

I am so glad that my mind wasn't the only one that wandered down that path lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by faykilgore View Post
    okay, now I'm ROFLMAO! That so looks like something naughtier than a basketball end zone!

I am working on a quilt like that right now. Unfortunately it is for my DH and will live in my house to constantly remind me of my 1. bad choice for a pattern. 2. bad choice of fabric for pattern. 3. times I had to rip out what I had sewn. 4. time I miscut and then go to fabric store because I ran out of the fabric and got caught in the rainstorm of the century. 5. ineptitude as a hand quilter.
    What was I thinking?
    Anyways, I have slogged through this and I am a better person. Not a smarter person, but better. LOL
    PS: My dh is so so about the pattern @#$%+&!

Power Poster
    Know what you mean and glad you got it done. I had one that almost made me quit quilting. It went wrong from the first block to the last and even the sashing had to have plan B but the binding went on ok. Mine is still in the closet not sure what I will do with it. It is nice that yours will have a home.

Heh Mitch's Mom: You absolutely cracked me up not once but twice with your posts too. So funny and I sure know where you are coming from. May I add these are the only true laughs I've had all day. Bless you for that!!!

FFQFH.... Now that is a great idea for a section of the board- It would make a great cautionary gallery! Oh goodness Fay! I can't stop laughing about what you wrote.... and here I thought it looked like the basketball court was holding up it's middle finger! Like it KNOWS it is a QFH. Funny how something you normally view flat on the floor (a basketball court) looks so different viewed vertically.

To be perfectly serious though MM - you did a superb job! It looks full of school spirit (Heck it will even "whip the bird" at the opposing teams) The fact that you stuck to and finished to something like this?
    Last edited by BuzzinBumble; 12-05-2011 at 07:28 PM.

What a relief! Be gone with you now!!! I know the feeling well.
    Some things have to be believed to be seen. -Ralph Hodgson-

I think gestation for an elephant is 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch's mom View Post
    Today at 4:11pm Central Time I sewed the last stitch into the binding of the quilt from hell. I can't wait to see the thing out of my house.
    That is all.
    Yes, we have all had those, I feel your pain. Usually they are the quilts that look so innocent, too...glad you are finished.
    Michelle
    Michelle Guadarrama

Priceless! I have had similar thoughts about quilts, good for you.
    Michelle

Glad you finally finished the quilt and thanks for posting the picture. Enjoy your holidays!

LOL I loved all the comments about this QFH. A long time ago I made one for my brother and his wife. I asked for the colors she likes and they were not colors I enjoy in any way. But it took 1 1/2 years for me to finish. I hated it. Everytime I worked on hand quilting it......I got a headache. I wanted to throw it out so many times. But I finished. Now my brother and wife are no longer living and I have no idea where that QFH ended up. And I don't really care as long as it didn't end up back with me. LOL.

I definitely want to see a picture. LOL

Find something YOU WANT to sew!!
    Lori McC

I can relate to the quilt from hell!! I had one last year and like you I couldn't wait to get rid of it. Everything & anything that could go wrong did. It was done and shipped the same day! DD loves it dearly! I just don't want it back! LOL!!
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply,Speak Kindly, Leave the rest to GOD

Congrats on finishing !!!!
    God creates miracles every day,you just have to look.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2