Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Finally made the plunge and started my first bed quilt! >

Finally made the plunge and started my first bed quilt!

Finally made the plunge and started my first bed quilt!

Old 01-07-2014, 07:15 AM

Well, After cutting endless diamonds over the weekend, Kids going back to school yesterday, meeting at son's school, couple of hours just hubby and me up at stables then home, kids back, exhausted etc I started this afternoon to stitch my diamonds together. Slow going as I'm on a pain day (3 day fentanyl patch change in morning so on my top up Oxynorms to get me through) but I have done 3 'Cubes' so far. Would have been 4 but my first 2 were to decide on left or right side for the red or purple. So far I've found it easy going. I know some had said Y seams might be difficult being new to quilting but I swear I've done far more difficult stuff making Costumes for Hubby lol (I spent weeks hand sewing leather and suede, fingers bleeding even with using a thimble, leather needles are nasty! hehe) I think with having an Autistic brain I just sit and work it out in my head a few times first then just have a go. I don't stress about making mistakes as they always lead you to other ways or make you remember not to make the same mistake next time.
Still, lots more to do. I'll pop some photos up after I've done a few more and ironed then nice and flat.
Thank you Tartan for the tip on popping dots on my seam ends. Made sure I was right on the dots and it's all working out good.

All I hope really is that, when done, my daughter loves it. I really don't mind making them for my children as they both know how much work is involved. They already treasure clothes I have made for them. My daughter was heart broken when she grew out of a dress I'd made her. Cheered her up by still having a roll of the fabric used and just made her a bigger one lol