Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
FINALLY!! A thrft shop score for me!!! >

FINALLY!! A thrft shop score for me!!!

FINALLY!! A thrft shop score for me!!!

Old 12-03-2011, 06:56 PM

Val, Merry Christmas to you! It isn't about the presents, its about being with those you love.
Great find by the way. Score for you!!
Old 12-03-2011, 07:01 PM

I would like to share my gift to my sister on her 50th wedding anniversary. I received a "free card" at a store that had an embroidery farm scene which fit since they are Kansans. I wrote a short story inside of their wedding day that I remembered and points in their life together that I remembered along the way and a bottle of wine. Well the wine was forgotten but both of them got into the memories that I stirred up. One story always lead to another and friends joined in and added to the story. It was the spontinuity of the moment that meant brought the greatest joy.

I do feel your pain because it is so very close to a lot of us and a reflection of the times that we are living through.
Congrats on the find. You deserve it.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:02 PM

I am so happy for you. That is such a great thing and you will have hours of fun with it. No wonder your hands were shaking. GOOD FOR YOU. I am sure your kids understand you are undergoing tough times. I'm sure they would love you if they never got a gift ever. Hugs and hang in there and just keep loving everyone. Congratulations
Old 12-03-2011, 07:03 PM

Great find! So happy for you! Start a new tradition this year! Instead of giving gifts, do some sort of community service in the name of your loved one and send them a card telling them what you did! Bell ring for the Salvation Army for a few hours, Help serve at a local soup kitchen or a church that provides meals to people in need. If you have extra fabric, make pillow cases - lots of organizations give them out at Christmas time to the homeless. I know one lady who uses up old clothes and "ugly" fabric to make small quilts that are given to the homeless. Give of yourself not your money! It means more. If you do have some money one year, give a gift of money to a charity in you family member's name and send them a card telling them: $10 was given in your name to the local food bank or whatever charity it is.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:00 PM

congratulations on your great find. Have a Merry Christmas and remember the greatest gifts that we can get or give is the love we have for our family and friends. Hope your New Year brings you and your family lots of joy.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:24 PM

Oh that's great. Say unless you already know how to use it, Rhonda on here is giving lessons on how to use EQ. Search it out...She's going to leave it on, so you can work at your leisure and go back and forth to view it.. I agree, make up something homemade and send it to your family members - if it weren't for coming up with ideas I can sew or make with my hands, or cook, I'd be in bad shape, and I have a small family...Enjoy the season... Here's some hugs (((((((())))))))

Jean

Originally Posted by Val in IN View Post
I was walking through the housewares section of Goodwill today and saw a box with the word "quilt" on it. I picked it up and lo and behold, ElectricQuilt 5!!! Brand new, never been opened. My hands were shaking, I turned it over to see the price and about fainted.....$4.00!!!!!! Merry Christmas to me! This has been a tough year, we had to call the kids and tell them that we couldn't send any presents this year. We had already decided not to do presents for each for ourselves but it was a killer telling the kids and grandkids we couldn't get them anything either. I have been soooo depressed. This was a nice little surprise and really lifted my spirits.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:35 PM

Merry Christmas to you! See, there really is a Santa Claus!!!!!
Old 12-03-2011, 08:37 PM

...the Merriest of Christmas to you and yours!!!
Old 12-03-2011, 08:38 PM

I know the feeling sweetei , you are not alone. I'm making most of my gifts this year and letting everyone know it will be a slim holiday. Don't feel quilty about your find! That was meant to be. May the spirit of the season warm you and yours!
Old 12-03-2011, 08:40 PM

Congrats on your find..."Good things come to those willing to dig for them."