Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Finished the Fab July Shop Hop and.....

Red face Finished the Fab July Shop Hop and.....

it was a lot of work and took time. The thing was the sampler appealed to me and I managed to find all of the blocks. Some of the shops are easier than others and you really have to read the clues. It is too hard to go through each site, but did see some nice fabric, did I mark it, no. Maybe I should have. Anyways, my question anyone else finished it, too?

I do 2 every month. One for me and one for my Sister. We have both won gift certificates but that's it. Hopefully some day. Sis doesn't really like doing but I do, that's why I do hers. Sometimes I ask for help on ones I have no clue where it would be. People on this board are always happy to help!

I only have 11 more bunnies to find, just do a few each day so that I am done by the end of the month. I did find all the blocks but will find the rest of the bunnies anyway. I have won two $10 gift certificates so far and did not use either one. One was for a site with only expensive rulers that I did not need and the other had only applique patterns and I do NOT do applique.

You know I did not do it, in the hopes of winning, just to say I did it. I did a large shop hot with my SIL last year and never again. It was fun, but too much.

I won a layer cake from a shop a couple of years ago. It is hard to finish all the shops. There is always a few I can never find the bunny. One time, it wasn't checking off all the shops I visited, I was so messed up, where I visited.
    I like to do them in the winter.
    Donna

Blog Entries
    This month was the first time ever that I found all the bunnies! Of course, I had to get help here on the board for the last 3! Most months I just give up but I was on a mission this month.
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Blog Entries
    i've been doing the hops for a number of years- sometimes i win something- sometimes i don't- the beginning of the month i check to see how many bunnies are to be found for that hop-since it varies from about 130 up to 180--then i divide by the number of days in the month-so i know how many bunnies i need to find each day to complete the hop- if i miss a day or two i know how many i need to catch up- breaking it down makes it much less time consuming.
    also- when you register your find you can click on the box that says- 'add to favorites' then a box comes up where you can make a note- like free shipping, or great prices, great sales, good selection of batiks= good selection of novelties at great prices...ect...what ever it is about that shop that caught your eye- makes you think you may want to go back. then when your are looking for something in particular when shopping you can browse the list of your favorites & go to the shop that has what you are looking for.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

I finished the Hop too! Now I have more places to look for fabric that I didn't know about.

I love the hops. If I have time, I will complete them. I try to find every bunny because I'm OCD like that. I usually also search for something in particular. This month I'm looking for halloween fabrics or ideas related to halloween. Can never have enough halloween in my life and the fabshophops help me keep my dreams alive. Now if I could just finish a quilt based on the patterns I collect from the hop.....

The patterns they have you hop to get are very good eye candy. And this one was great, recipes, too! This may have prompted me to finish finding all of the blocks, I wanted yet more recipes~

Smoky Lake, Alberta, Canada - Coolidge, AZ
    I have 24 more bunnies to find. I have only found 10 blocks so far. Will probably try to finish tonight.

Blog Entries
    I only learned about the shop hops last year. I decided to only look for bonus bunnies when they are offered because it just takes too much time to look for the regular bunnies - and I did win a $10 gift certificate. Also, I don't understand why some stores make it so difficult to find them. It doesn't make me want to spend my money or time there.

Where do you find the bonus bunnies?

I finished last week. I also divide the number of blocks by the days left in the month to find them and then I know how many I have to find each day. I have won 3 gift certificates and used them all. Got some great fabric. I'm still hoping for one of the bigger prizes, but I enjoy doing the hop and looking at all the beautiful fabric. Keep hopping and good luck.
    Sue

I just wish they'd last for two weeks and cut the number of shops in half. I don't have time to look for over 100 shops...they all become a blur in my mind.

There used to be another one that had fewer shops, but when it stopped then the bunny one just grew and grew...and I dropped out.
    People who start projects and never finish them are cooler
    than people who never start projects at all.

http://quiltingquick.weebly.com/blog.html