Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Finished with Project Pillowcases for 2010 >

Finished with Project Pillowcases for 2010

Finished with Project Pillowcases for 2010

Old 11-28-2010, 07:29 AM

Total number sewn by my guild's members and customers at LOQ is 2002! Last deliveries with be in a week or so. We took the 1,000,000 pillowcase challenge and most of the pillowcases go to hospitals as part of ConKerr Cancer. A few hundred are distributed by our guild's Community Outreach program to local churchs, food pantrys, social services, Head Start kids, etc. We tried hard to have 300 Holiday and Winter themed cases for our local hospital's holiday family parties and we did it! Thanks go to all who sewed with us at sew ins or at home and also to the many members and their friends who donated tons of fabrics this year. Our budget is $200, and that doesn't by much fabric.

Wish I had the engery to go to Joann's on Black Friday to scoop up the great fabric buys. Didn't think I could do it with a cane in one hand and pulling bolts with the other. Then again, maybe I could have used my cane to keep the other customers away until I made my choices, LOL May in Jersey
Old 11-28-2010, 07:44 AM

Wow, I bet they loved your guild's members!!! What an accomplisment!!!

I love making the "Magic Pillowcase" pattern. I think most of my family are tired of getting them, so this year I gave them a break. LOL
Old 11-28-2010, 08:27 AM

You should be sooo proud< what a great thing you are doing
Old 11-28-2010, 08:27 AM
Power Poster

WOW!! You and your guild are amazing!! :D:D:D
Old 11-28-2010, 10:05 AM

May, wonderful thing you all did! and, those canes do come in handy once in awhile!LOL I must use one also, so understand trying to shop, pull and walk too, and carrying a purse besides! Some people are so thoughtful when they see you are using a cane, others sort of look and it's more like," I can beat that old lady there!!"
Old 11-28-2010, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by clem55
May, wonderful thing you all did! and, those canes do come in handy once in awhile!LOL I must use one also, so understand trying to shop, pull and walk too, and carrying a purse besides! Some people are so thoughtful when they see you are using a cane, others sort of look and it's more like," I can beat that old lady there!!"
Carol, I agree with you about how people treat us, .as long as they don't push me down I think I'll make it. I recently started using a small purse that I put over my head so it crosses my chest, that way I don't have to drag a big purse around with me. Works good most of the time but I really can't get all of my 'stuff' into it. May.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:29 AM

Wow !! what an endeavor. My small group also is finishing up our pillowcase making for millionpillowcases and we thought 200 was a great number, there are only 5 that worked on the cases. Am hoping a lot more people are finishing up and posting their numbers because last time I looked it was a long way from a million. Of course the number is not as important as where the cases go and who benefits. Again, great job!