Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
First of all, to each His/Her own!!! >

First of all, to each His/Her own!!!

First of all, to each His/Her own!!!

Old 06-30-2011, 08:46 AM

I am always up to find new and better ways to do something. I've learned a lot since coming on this board, most of the hints are methods/products I am using now. I think it has made me a better piecer/quilter.

Do you really think that if the pioneer women had access to electricity, that they would still do everything by hand. I think there is room for both hand and machine quilting. They both take talent.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by merchjag
when someone says that fmq is not real quilting I like to reply-I think you should try it-it's not so easy.
Agreed!
Old 06-30-2011, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by jlm5419
Originally Posted by cjomomma
I completely agree with you second paragraph.

Some folks just get set in their ways and refuse to change or try something new.
This reminds me of my oldest son, who is a terrific cook. One Thanksgiving dinner at my house he refused to eat any of my pies because I had used frozen pie crust!
that is to funny, your again his lost. LOL

I always heard the God is the only perfect thing or being or what ever, so with that in mind who gave anyone the right to decide who is right and who is wrong. If you are happy doing what you do, then go for it as long as it doesn't hurt or mutilate anyone in the process.

Life is to short for all those stupid rules!!!!! Go out and experiment but most of all be happy doing it!
Old 06-30-2011, 09:17 AM

I'm always willing to try new techniques. Some are real time savers! Who thought that we would be using strip cutters?
Old 06-30-2011, 09:25 AM

IMHO we should never critisize anothers work but if asked we can give our kind opinion. We owe it to our fellow quilters to honor them for the love and labor they put into it even when it isn't our personal taste - it's why we all make different quilts. And we all do the best we can with what we have at any given time in our lives. And to remember that no matter the question, love is the answer.
AnnieB
Old 06-30-2011, 09:26 AM

:thumbup:
Old 06-30-2011, 09:39 AM

If things had`nt changed we would still be living in caves ! like you I enjoy some thing different.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:59 AM

I am one that wants to try every old/new idea, technique, material, pattern that I find. My bucket list has grown so long in the quilting area that I will have to live to be 1000 and then I still have to learn to fly a plane and skydive!!!
Old 06-30-2011, 10:05 AM

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Got your back.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by gramquilter2
I am one that wants to try every old/new idea, technique, material, pattern that I find. My bucket list has grown so long in the quilting area that I will have to live to be 1000 and then I still have to learn to fly a plane and skydive!!!
I'll take you skydiving :thumbup: :thumbup: one of my favorite things to do :mrgreen: :mrgreen: last time out was over memorial day weekend. Just let me know when you're ready to go :XD: :XD: :XD: