Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: First Quilt.....

Prayers said. I am so glad he did see the docotor before Sat. Best wishes with the quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by crafter005
    The same as others, I am glad to hear that your husband is doing better. That is high blood pressure!

I read one of the other replies that suggested to give them a card if necessary which is an excellent idea. What you might also do is to include a picture of the quilt in progress to let them know what they will be getting.

Make sure you have your priorities straight. You and DH are your first concerns. Don't rush your project....you don't need the stress (nor DH) and I'm sure they will understand.

You might want to gently remind the other family members that you don't know how much time you will have to devote to the quilt and that you need their help getting all material to you as soon as possible. Good luck.

I, too, am praying for health of both of you, family members getting you material, guidance and wisdom for quilt, finishing quickly, and doing an outstanding job!
    Thank you so much I will let everyone know what happens with the quilt!! Today I am getting my DH back to the doctor!! He is on 2 different meds but still his blood pressure does not seem to be under control! They need to up his dose or change the meds! I will post message to all later today in topic not related to quilting! Thanks, Ms. Shawn :mrgreen:

Ms. Shawn, how is your DH now - the 2nd week of August and has your family cooperated with the needed supplies you requested? I have had you on my mind and in my prayers. Do you have time for an update?

[quote=Ms. Shawn]
    Quote Originally Posted by crafter005
    The same as others, I am glad to hear that your husband is doing better. That is high blood pressure!

I read one of the other replies that suggested to give them a card if necessary which is an excellent idea. What you might also do is to include a picture of the quilt in progress to let them know what they will be getting.

Make sure you have your priorities straight. You and DH are your first concerns. Don't rush your project....you don't need the stress (nor DH) and I'm sure they will understand.

You might want to gently remind the other family members that you don't know how much time you will have to devote to the quilt and that you need their help getting all material to you as soon as possible. Good luck.

I, too, am praying for health of both of you, family members getting you material, guidance and wisdom for quilt, finishing quickly, and doing an outstanding job!
    Thank you so much I will let everyone know what happens with the quilt!! Today I am getting my DH back to the doctor!! He is on 2 different meds but still his blood pressure does not seem to be under control! They need to up his dose or change the meds! I will post message to all later today in topic not related to quilting! Thanks, Ms. Shawn :mrgreen:[/qu
    MEN!!!!! keep afteryour dh,sometimes you have to DRAG them to the dr. my dh was diagnosed in july 2000 w/ colon cancer,by the time i DRAGGED him to dr it was way too late,he passed away in jan 2001. hindsight ............

Ditto! I couldn't get my DH to go to the Dr for years. He go laid off at one point and decided he needed glasses. Took him to the eye doc and found out he had advanced stage glaucoma. It has been 12 years now of surgery, procedures, implants etc. If we had found it earlier it would have been easily treated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2