Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
First trip to LQS in Roanoke, Indiana >

First trip to LQS in Roanoke, Indiana

First trip to LQS in Roanoke, Indiana

Old 08-10-2011, 12:09 PM

I used to live closer to Roanoke than I do now, but my mom and sister and I may have to go there! Also, there is a very nice shop in the little town of Rome City on St Rd 9 in Lagrange County that you would love if you are ever going north. Of course, if you make it that far, you can continue north to Shipshewana where there is plenty of fabrics! The name of the store in Rome City is Caroline's Cottons.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by jillnjo
I used to live closer to Roanoke than I do now, but my mom and sister and I may have to go there! Also, there is a very nice shop in the little town of Rome City on St Rd 9 in Lagrange County that you would love if you are ever going north. Of course, if you make it that far, you can continue north to Shipshewana where there is plenty of fabrics! The name of the store in Rome City is Caroline's Cottons.
Been there too!!!
Old 08-10-2011, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by MCH
There is a LQS in Rochester, IL (about 5 miles south of Springfield) that is in a building similar to the one mentioned here. It at one time had been a grocery store...still has the wooden plank floors.

It's a great shop! When I visited there last year, one of the women working there, about my age, told me she went to my high school's #2 rival in Decatur (40 miles east)in the early 60's. We picked up the "rivalry" where we had left it when we graduated. %>)
I'm there just about every weekend! They are THE sweetest ladies and their shop has a lot of ambiance. It's adorable and very well stocked.