Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fons & Porter >

Fons & Porter

Fons & Porter

Old 12-21-2010, 05:54 PM

i watch it , but it is not the same without liz, i am not crazy about her daughter on the show
Old 12-21-2010, 06:10 PM

I agree. It's just not the same without Liz. The daughter is a fairly new quilter but is trying to talk like she has her mom's expertise. Just isn't cutting it for me.

Originally Posted by june6995
i saw my first Fons and Porter show on Sunday...without Liz. Oh my gosh. That girl never stopped talking and then both of them were talking at the same time. Reminds me of The View! Listening from another room makes one want to turn the TV off.

Not the same with out Liz! She was so calm!

June in Cincinnati
Old 12-21-2010, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Longarm
On direct TV there are episodes of Fons & Porter every weekday at 6:30 am and 6:30 pm eastern time on the BYU channel 374. Some of these are older episodes without Mary Fons. Sorry, but she turns me right off, there is such a thing as listening and learning.

Eleanor Burns is on RFD channel 345 on Wed. at 2:30 and again after midnight, same program.

Hope this helps anyone who has Direct TV, I have no idea about Dish network but if do a search for quilting shows you might find something.

Longarm
Thanks-we have directv but don't put all the channels on our favorites list. I may have thought that channel was all college football or something. I'll check that out.
:thumbup:
Old 12-21-2010, 07:25 PM

I do miss her, but the daughter is trying. I liked their last show with the twister pattern, I wish I had the article they talked about. I tried making the template, turned out okay, but if I had the directions it would probably be better.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:27 PM

I wish the girl would stop saying YEP.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:29 PM
Dee

Liz is retired and Marianne said she was partially retired. I watch them every nite at 6:30 on Direct ch.374. I think Mary does the best she can. She'll learn-she's young.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by june6995
i saw my first Fons and Porter show on Sunday...without Liz. Oh my gosh. That girl never stopped talking and then both of them were talking at the same time. Reminds me of The View! Listening from another room makes one want to turn the TV off.

Not the same with out Liz! She was so calm!

June in Cincinnati
Now I thought just the opposite, sometimes when I watched the old shows I would get confused because both ladies talked at once but with Maryann's daughter the directions seem to be clear.
Different strokes for different folks I guess.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:47 PM

I just wished we got the show here in Australia...we are staved of quilting shows here we have nothing ....
Old 12-22-2010, 04:06 AM

I agree !!! I personally learn much better with videos instead of trying to follow written instructions..youtube and missouri quilt are where I got my start before I found this forum...Blessings and happy quilting.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:16 AM

I'll miss Liz, but I'm glad the show is still on.

I enjoy watching Mother and Daughter quilting together. I like the message that it sends out. That quilting isn't just for people with gray hair. And that it can be enjoyable as a shared, family hobby.

I would like to see them bring some children on the show and what projects would be good for them. Get 3 generations quilting!