Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fons and Porter TV show today - Liz is on

Super Member Central Ohio Quilter's Avatar

Fons and Porter TV show today - Liz is on

On Fons and Porter TV show today, Liz Porter is on with Mary Fons! So good to see her!

What a beautiful quilt they are making today!

Blog Entries
    shoot. where, where, where?
    "From hence only infer that an Englishman, of all men, ought not to despise foreigners as such and I think the inference is just, since what they are today, we were yesterday, and tomorrow they will be like us"
    Daniel De Foe -The True Englishman

I thought that they were in reruns. I adore Liz Porter because she has taught me more about the hints of how to get things done simply.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Darn, I missed the sewing programs this morning - I was busy making chili and spaghetti sauce while working on a school bag for my granddaughter!

Around here the show airs on Sunday, so I'm hoping we'll see that show tomorrow! Thanks for the heads-up!

They are off the air now here. I know that sometimes they are off for a few wks but the shows that usually appear M-W are on and Sewing w Nancy and Fon's & Porter are off I wonder why. I really like F&P. does anyone know why they are off the air the last show here the cable co. had a problem and the show didn't get taped? Sue

Blog Entries
    I haven't seen any of the quilting shows for a while now.

Blog Entries
    I had to miss it today too. Bummer.
    Mavis

Here that show was aired last week and today was Mary Ann and her daughter. She did show a neat trick for binding a scalloped-edged quilt. I learned a lot watching that.

I don't know what our tv station is doing. We are on the cycle of support our network with pledges right now. They are doing it almost every 3 months currently. This last cycle was all reruns. Hopefully I get to see this show soon. I really like Liz.

Poop = i forgot the new ones have started again.
    my name is becca and i'm a quilt-a-holic :-)

Blog Entries
    SUGGESTION??

To all of us whose PBS stations or cable TV providers have dropped our favorite quilting shows...(Fons and Porter, Eleanor Burns, Nancy Zieman, etc.)........Can you email your local PBS station and ask why they have stopped including those in their Broadcast schedule, and request they return the programs? Perhaps, if enough of us wrote to the PBS stations - they would add them back.

I am serviced by COMCAST, and when we first moved here 2 years ago, I had all of these...........now I have NONE - and the only things that are even close are Quilting Arts ( I do not do ART quilts) and It's Sew Easy, which is not dedicated to quilting.............I am SO BUMMED! It is like they are forcing us toward WEB TV or QNN TV - and I just do not want to have to pay more to watch the quilting shows!

Blog Entries
    I have umpteen channels and still can't ever find a quilting show. Geez!
    Be the best that you can be at everything you do.
    Find me on Facebook at Leesa's Fabrics

I like LIz better than Mary Ann. I don't care for Mary at all. I seldom watch the show anymore.

I record their shows here, so I will watch for that one. I am usually busy when they air mid-afternoon, so I view at my leisure. They are also available on-line at fons&porter.com.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Here in Corpus Christi, the shows are usually on Saturday from 9:30 thru 12:00p.m. They weren't on this Saturday though. Time Warner is having contractual issues with certain networks again. I guess they just want more money. Just have to check your local guide.

We have lost, due to lack of funding, my favorite PBS station. I miss the two quilting shows I used to get.

Here in my part of Wash. state, Nancy Zeiman, F&P, & Eleanor Burns are on PBS mid morn. on Saturdays. Missed it this wk. though.
    For those who don't care for Mary, I think she's come a long way in being on TV. It's just diff. when you're used to seeing somebody else in her place but I've come to really enjoy her. I like how she talks about what she's learned from her mom.

Power Poster
    Sewing with Nancy and Fons and Porter are on Saturday mornings on PBS here in the Charleston area.

Quote Originally Posted by karenpatrick View Post
    I like LIz better than Mary Ann. I don't care for Mary at all. I seldom watch the show anymore.
    Give her a chance, at first I didn't but she grows on you, besides it a quilting show.

You can go onto PBS and look or download their schedule (I do it when Downton Abby is on), but also it is on RFTV sometimes.

Blog Entries
    I record every single sewing show I can, and love Fons n Porter so much! They show some of the prettiest projects, but when Mary gets with her daughter, oh my, I have to turn the volume all the way down. They are like 2 magpies half the time...makes me nuts! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Pat G View Post
    Here in my part of Wash. state, Nancy Zeiman, F&P, & Eleanor Burns are on PBS mid morn. on Saturdays. Missed it this wk. though.
    For those who don't care for Mary, I think she's come a long way in being on TV. It's just diff. when you're used to seeing somebody else in her place but I've come to really enjoy her. I like how she talks about what she's learned from her mom.
    I didn't used to like Mary either but she has grown on me. She has her own show, which may be available only online, called "Quilty" which is really geared toward beginning quilters. Lots of good information.
    -Chris-
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Blessed are the children of quilters, for they shall inherit the quilts....

It does not do well, Harry, to dwell on the dreams....and forget to live. - Albus Dumbledore

I really miss Liz. I was glad to see her again and hope that she sticks around for a few episodes! I have a hard time with Mary and her quirky faces and overacting!
    Sylvia
    Central Maryland

I enjoyed watching the interaction between Mary and Liz. It was a good 30 minutes.
    Carol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast