Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Foot pedal moves away (frustration) >

Foot pedal moves away (frustration)

Foot pedal moves away (frustration)

Old 04-09-2023, 02:42 AM
Evy

I can never remember the name of it, but I use the sticky stuff that is used to attach poster board to walls. I call it Tacky but I'm sure that is not the proper name. I have laminate flooring and it keeps he foot feed in place and comes off clean when I do need to move it. Leaves no residue on the floor.
Old 04-09-2023, 03:37 AM

I use a computer mouse pad with great success on my laminate flooring. Dollar store sells them.
Old 04-09-2023, 06:05 AM
Power Poster

Sorry for my repetition yesterday re using velcro.

Now here's the weird thing ... and maybe someone here has some suggestions for me.
When I posted it showed only three replies, and not the five others that were posted after those three, before mine. Another oddity is that I have not been getting all of the auto-notices when someone replies to a thread I am "subscribed" to, either manually or as a result of my posting to the thread, even though it shows that I am subscribed. But it did come through for this thread, with the next post after mine.

I know, not really a discussion for here ... but has anyone else noticed these things happening?
Any suggestions?
THANKS!
Old 04-09-2023, 07:01 AM

Usually on my computer means it is time to clear out my cookies as the computer is uploading an old page instead of the new one. Good luck!
Old 04-09-2023, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Evy View Post
I can never remember the name of it, but I use the sticky stuff that is used to attach poster board to walls. I call it Tacky but I'm sure that is not the proper name.
Sticky-Tac? That's what we called it years ago. I think museum putty would work also. And there are other brands out now too, I recently bought some that was made by Scotch, they call it "removable mounting putty".
Old 04-09-2023, 01:46 PM

hardwood floor here, I use a nonslip carpet liner (goes between carpet and floor) folded up under pedal. Strangely it works better on the pedal than it does on carpets. I got it at the dollar store.
Old 04-09-2023, 03:03 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
Usually on my computer means it is time to clear out my cookies as the computer is uploading an old page instead of the new one. Good luck!
Thanks Ibex ... I'll give 'er a try!
Might help with the missing posts to the thread.
Still need to figure out why I am only getting of the auto-notices.
Old 04-15-2023, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by tranum View Post
This problem has been talked about before but I didn’t find the thread so I’m bringing it up again. I have a plastic shoe box between my foot pedal & the wall. It helps quite a bit but I’m looking for more ideas so please share what you do.
1). The shelf liner does not work for me. No need to go there.
2). I saw a picture of 2 wooden wedges hinged together and the foot pedal fit in it. Now I can’t find the picture.
3). Sometimes I sew on our old claw foot dining table and the foot pedal wedges against the claw. It stays in place & it’s great but I’m not sewing there all the time.
I have several heavy boxes of quilt books that do not fit my bookcases so I put one box behind the foot pedal and one on each side of it. Boxes don't move much so I can sew for several days without having to replace the boxes.