Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Frame >

Frame

Frame

Old 09-01-2019, 01:01 PM

Default Frame

Has anyone tried the home made frame that Ann The Gran sells for 149.00 ?
It's made from two large tubes and 3 smaller tubes. I think it's called Flynn Multi frame Quilting System.
Old 09-01-2019, 02:31 PM
mkc

Tons and tons of similar questions on the Flynn frame here on the forum if you search. Most (nearly all) people hated it and got rid of it.
Old 09-01-2019, 03:36 PM
Power Poster

I started out machine quilting using a John Flynn frame. I used it for several years. It took practice but once I had the Ah Ha moment it was as simple as John Flynn makes look when he does it. From all who I know that say they didn't like it they used it a few times, got frustrated then put it in the closet. I kept on trying. I give demos at guild how to use it. I had to go to one member's house. She bought one and could not move it right. I sit down and went to town on it. She sit down and made a mess. Finally she realized she was jerking the frame and not getting a smooth glide. Now she shows amazing machine quilting she has done for children's donation quilts at show and tell that she had done with the frame. For small size quilts it is really nice. Larger then a throw size gets to be a hassle for me.
Old 09-02-2019, 06:04 PM
Power Poster

Onebyone may be right that it works well for throw size quilts, with practice, but do you really need or want a frame for small quilts? I had a Flynn frame long ago, tried using it on a very large quilt, gave up and sold the frame.
Old 09-02-2019, 08:09 PM

Default Frame

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
Onebyone may be right that it works well for throw size quilts, with practice, but do you really need or want a frame for small quilts? I had a Flynn frame long ago, tried using it on a very large quilt, gave up and sold the frame.
Dunster and Onebyone
You know, I'm about to give up on something that small. I have a Juki 2010 that I do most of my quilting on. I do about eight small quilts around Christmas for the little kids, but right now I have 5 large quilt tops that I need to do. I keep putting off quilting because they are too heavy to push around on the space I have available. I'm on social security so I don't have the mega bucks to go buy the quilting machine I want. lol
I'm looking real hard at that Bali Star Pattern for my next quilt. I'm having to force myself to finish what I started before the Bali. anyway... Syl