Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Free Bargello Quilting Patterns >

Free Bargello Quilting Patterns

Free Bargello Quilting Patterns

Old 09-06-2012, 06:46 PM

Good luck Ladibug. I've always wanted to try a Bargello and I'd do exactly what you're doing. I'd try a small version too.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:50 PM

Hi Rachelle, aka huntersgrammie, thanks so much for the post. I have looked all over the net for a free bargello and to no avail. I guess I thiught because I had found just about everything else free that I would find it also. Lol guess not. I appreciate your help very much. I have been sewing since I was 12 and I worked in a sewing factory for almost 23 yrs so I think I can sew. That is why I came to the conclusion that the bargello looks like it would be easy and it looks so beautiful too. As I said in an earlier posting ya'll please bear with me til I get my quilting fingers...lol. I hope to see you also hun. Nite nite from Alabama, Ladibug aka Vicky
Old 09-06-2012, 06:55 PM

Hi rj.neihart, I got the biggest laugh out of your last sentence. I too hope there is a place for people like "us" because I will want to go too.....LOL
Old 09-06-2012, 06:59 PM

Welcome. I have made a bargello it was called Lovers knot I loved working on it. Just remember to number your rows and remain organized. This will help greatly. Good luck. I only have the one pattern, no crib quilt. Sorry
Old 09-06-2012, 07:04 PM

Oh wow!!. Thanks so much. I had no idea but I have alread had it saved in my favorites and didnt realize until I tried to save it I am not surprised tho. I have been staying up late the last few nights searching the net and have saved so many things that I don't remember them all. It dawned on me today when I was cutting grass that bargello was similar to trip around the world. I think I am right in assuming that but then again I may be wrong. Either way, they are both easy and simple. Thanks so much for the help Trene.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:08 PM

Hi Yarn. Yes I am in Bama. Jacksonville to be exact. Not too far from you. I have been through there a few times. I had no idea the library had quilting books. I will go and check that out. I live in a college town also we have a BIG library here. Thanks for the info
Old 09-06-2012, 07:12 PM

Thanks so very much for the warm welcome from everyone. I am overwhelmed almost. I too am enjoying the responses. I had no idea that I would get so many people willing to help. I am so very proud though. Thank again so much irishrose (pretty name).

Ladibug (vicky)
Old 09-06-2012, 07:15 PM

Hi ontheriver. I am in Jacksonville. I am not sure how far/close I am to you. Thanks for the post
Old 09-06-2012, 07:29 PM

Oh my! I never saw that. She only made a table runner on her show this last Saturday. I have looked everywhere but her site(thank you). I love the variations. When I joined this site the other day I had made my mind up to dive into quilting instead of just thinking about it. I have been seeing and looking at bargellos for some time now and they just intrigue me and they look easy. I just love this site. I have gotten so very much help from you all. Thanks so very much.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:36 PM

Hi Tashana, I have been looking for the post you sent me this morning for a while now. I came online and have been tring to catch up and answer some of my posts (never know I would have so many...lol) I looked bargello up in the dictionary today just for you and it is pronounced bargello - bar-jell-lo. It sounds italian or spanish to me and I forgot which one it is. I will share what info with you that I get but I am gonna tell you, it is easy. I haven't made one yet but just going off my sewing experience and what the other members of QB say you need not worry. I am going to start off with a wall hanging I believe just to build my confidence since I have never even made a quilt top or anything like that but I do know how to sew.