Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: friendship quilt

Blog Entries

friendship quilt

Has anyone made a friendship braid using the half hexagon templates. The pics and video look really cool and I am using all chevrons and zigzag type fabric,

Has anyone made one with that template before. Let me know how it turned out if any of you have?
    Thanks
    Evelyn in Sequim WA
    Evelyn

Blog Entries
    are you talking about the video tute on MissouriStarQuilts?
    Last edited by nativetexan; 07-10-2013 at 01:29 PM.
    "From hence only infer that an Englishman, of all men, ought not to despise foreigners as such and I think the inference is just, since what they are today, we were yesterday, and tomorrow they will be like us"
    Daniel De Foe -The True Englishman

Blog Entries
    Yes I watched it 2 or 3 times then I go to my sewing room and can't quite remember. I have short term memory loss and can't remember sometimes for more than a few minutes what I just did, saw or said so I need a pattern on paper. I know with all the you tube videos most people don't buy patterns but I have to so looking for it on paper specifically using the half hex template which I have already purchased
    Evelyn

My mom and I took a class and used that template. I had done braids before the traditional way and I found using the template much easier. Good luck!
    Tammy

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Try googling free quilt patterns.

Blog Entries
    evidently you can make this pinwheel with that template too http://www.mandldesigns.com/workshop...fhexagons.html or order the braid one from here http://www.quilterbydesign.com/HalfHexagonBraid.html
    "From hence only infer that an Englishman, of all men, ought not to despise foreigners as such and I think the inference is just, since what they are today, we were yesterday, and tomorrow they will be like us"
    Daniel De Foe -The True Englishman

Blog Entries
    Thank you for your websites. I really like the braid. Pinwheel is interesting but doing one right now with the June Taylor twist and stitch and love it.
    Evelyn