Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Frixion Pen for marking >

Frixion Pen for marking

Frixion Pen for marking

Old 05-29-2011, 10:56 AM
Power Poster

I have used the pens and I believe they have a place in the sewing room. Would I use them to mark an heirloom quilt? no. Would I use them on a quilt I was sending for competition? no. Do I use them on my many small projects that I sew? yes I do!
Old 05-29-2011, 11:30 AM

Many of the long armers in our quilt guild are saying they use this pen on their own quilts and are very happy with the result. I think you should ALWAYS TEST any markng product on your fabric (a scrap) before using it to mark quilting lines. But because of my friends' good result, I will be using one of these pens to mark a quilt for quilting this week. I am actually quite excited, as I do NOT like the pounce thingys that I cannot get to work (even after coaching! :shock: ) and I don't like the lines I get with the soft quilting pencils. Anyway, I'll let you know! :thumbup:
Old 05-29-2011, 01:29 PM

I tried eight colors of the roller-ball style Frixion and six colors of the highlighters.

All of them disappeared when I ironed them and all of them came back when I froze the fabric.

All of them washed out with a quick scrub in the sink and none of them came back after freezing.

I wouldn't hesitate to use any of them - I wash my quilts in the washer after I've finished them and that's a lot more thorough than the little hand-washing I gave my samples.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:36 PM

There have been other discussion about this pen. Do a search for other comments this pen. If I remenber right they were alll not positive!