Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Frustrated with quilt >

Frustrated with quilt

Frustrated with quilt

Old 08-19-2014, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
Bummer!! If your blocks look nice, I would get more material and finish it in the bigger size. The cut pieces can go into another quilt.
That is just what I was thinking to do, makes a lot less work in the end. Bonus, you get a bigger quilt*Ü*
Old 08-19-2014, 12:17 PM

I agree with making the smaller blocks over with borders..Or buying new material and making bigger pieces to fit your stars..U can always use the smaller pieces later in a scrape quilt..also could u have a friend look at the directions and the blocks..another set of eyes can sometimes make the differences..I was working on the pattern card trick..Nothing was as it should be..I had a friend look ..My pattern called for 4 5/8's and 5 5/8..But in my mind I had change it to all 4 5/8's for some reason..I had read the pattern a dozen times..after she pointed it out to me.I of course saw it..I have a habit of speed reading..which is not always a good habit...maybe new eyes will help
Old 08-19-2014, 12:37 PM

I so know that feeling, usually when something goes wrong like that with me I'll just reconfigure it to my liking and move on(ie..put borders around the smaller blocks to fit your larger ones). Where there is a will there's a way. Don't get frustrated get even, show that quilt whose the BOSS....
Old 08-19-2014, 12:42 PM

I made the Links quilt last year. It was a dozzy. Re-read the instructions. I don't remember it now, all my sewing is downstairs. but I'm thinking that the square's are 11" and 9". I had a hard time with it also. I don't think I could have put it together without my design wall. Try putting them in the layout design and see if they fit together and look the way it is suppose to. If all fits into place and all the other parts fit, the size of the blocks will work out.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:21 AM

so sorry, but it has happened to me too-- things don't always work like they should, and in fact, most everything that I do seems to have a challenge to it!! -- sometimes there is a problem with the pattern instructions -- my bee did a row quilt which stressed the exact length of the rows -- guess what, nearly all of us had to trim at least an inch or two off the blocks to make the rows the correct length (too much coincidence for there not to be a mistake somewhere) -- sometimes a project just needs to be put aside for awhile -- I have a quilt that is nearly completed but just doesn't speak to me other than to say "I am here"!! -- good luck on some sort of solution to your problem!!
Old 08-21-2014, 07:10 AM

I think Deb Tuckers tools are supposed to make the blocks bigger....then you trim them down. But, I do think 2 inches bigger is a waste of fabric.