Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
frustrated >

frustrated

frustrated

Old 02-04-2011, 05:20 AM

Location: Live in Michigan, but I'm in Heaven when in my sewing room

Originally Posted by hikingquilter
Has anyone ever started quilting and not like the quilting design you started? I have started quilting and now want to take out all of it! Is there an easier way to take out the stitching? I've been doing free-motion meandering on the machine and I just don't like the way it looks on this quilt. I am so frustrated with myself!
Unfortunately, I am in the same place as we speak. Just have to take out some of the stitching tho. Not looking forward to that at all. Good luck!
Old 02-04-2011, 05:28 AM

You are so clever! Love your ripit remark.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:51 AM
Power Poster

Yes, I have done the frogging!!!
Old 02-04-2011, 07:43 AM

You don't say the size of the quilt. If it twin or smaller just finish it and donate to a charity. You don't have to look at it and someone else gets the benift of a warm homemade quilt. Or as someone else said, fold and put away for another day!
Old 02-04-2011, 09:06 AM

Before I start my quilting, I do a drawing of what I plan to quilt. When I am satisfied withe the drawing (and have not lifted the pencil from the paper in making the drawing), I then go to the machine and make some practice pieces. I have lots of practice pieces saved, and I always make something out of those. When I have my rhythm down, then I start on my 'real' quilt. Sometimes I spend days doing this. It helps put me in the right frame of mind.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:13 AM

After reading the replys, I am sooo glad I am not the only one who does this....Sometimes I too put it away and then look at it another time ..........A fresh look always helps. and I have just gone and ripped the whole thing out and felt so much better. thank you quilters . always enjoy your messages
Old 02-04-2011, 11:58 AM

i agree walk away from it for a bit and come back if you still dont like it start ripping , i have done that before
Old 02-04-2011, 03:35 PM

Thank you everyone for the input. I think I will bite the bullet; tomorrow is going to be another snowy day so I will put on some soothing music, pour a glass of wine, and start frogging! It's good to know I'm not alone, although I wouldn't wish it on anyone!
Old 02-04-2011, 05:33 PM

There is a utube tute called skinning a quilt! I think you can do it on the frame...nevermind I think you are doing it free motion on your machine!
Old 02-04-2011, 05:39 PM

There is a u-tube tute called skinning a quilt! I think you can do it on the frame...nevermind I think you are doing it free motion on your machine! I have frogged about 1/3 of a queen sized quilt when I was very new to my Lizzy and did not have the foot down and used nearly an entire spool of thread with loop de loops! No tension and it was hard to move but I was going to perivere!!! I was so upset when I finally rolled that quilt to the top and saw all those loops! Good luck Honey! I would help but I gotta go to work in the morning...snow and all!