Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: fun idea for quilt guild program

Super Member quiltingshorttimer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

fun idea for quilt guild program

our guild had a really fun program today--one very photo oriented member visited 5 members homes (we volunteered) to video our sewing "studios" and ways we displayed our quilts. It was so fun! A couple of our members could open quilt shops in their homes from the amount of fabrics they have in their stash!
    And best of all was our videographer had asked each to give a couple of examples of what we really liked and what would like to change/add. it was exciting to see how others had organized, figured out storage, and some great ideas on design walls! and there was no cost to the guild--we always have an "in-house" program in Jan & Feb due to concerns about inclement weather and paying a presenter to drive to the programs.

Blog Entries
    nice idea. thanks for sharing.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

The photographer would faint if they came to my room

Brave and/or lucky folks to let somebody come into what is a very personal space for many of us. Maybe it was helpful for them, too - would be a kick start to get that space cleaned up and organized?

It does sound like a great program, I'd love to see it - but not sure I'd let them in my home!