Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fun survey question..... Curious mind wants to know >

Fun survey question..... Curious mind wants to know

Fun survey question..... Curious mind wants to know

Old 10-11-2008, 08:18 AM

I've made about 100 - have pictures of the ones I've given away in a scrapbook - consider quilts to be how I will be remembered when I'm gone. Most were wedding gifts, and many were baby gifts. My kids have several each - as do my grandchildren. I have 8 in my house - plus quilted covers for most of my cookbooks. My DH made great bookcases for our cookbooks that allow them to be displayed flat against the kitchen walls so the covers show. I'll take a picture some day (LOL - how many times have I made this promise?) and post it. We have an old Victorian farmhouse with a big kitchen and ample wall space. I overflowed from my original sewing room into my daughter's former room, so I have 2 sewing rooms - one where I sew and one with my stash and cutting table.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:35 AM

Ive made about 45 lap size and 3 bed size. I take pictures of all and who I gave them to.
Also belong to a small group of women where we make quilts for soldiers who have come home from the war.
300 quilts WOW. I will never get that far since just started quilting 4 yrs ago and just turned 69 yrs old.
But I sure will try.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:23 PM

I started quilting many years ago but life got in my way. Sometimes I go over a year without making a quilt and since I've retired I'm more productive. I have pictures of 3/4 of them The closest count I've been able to come up with is 46 and I have three of them.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by JCL in FL
I started quilting many years ago but life got in my way. Sometimes I go over a year without making a quilt and since I've retired I'm more productive. I have pictures of 3/4 of them The closest count I've been able to come up with is 46 and I have three of them.
Thank you for sharing. I love the quilt on your Avatar. IS this one of the quilt that you have?
Old 10-11-2008, 12:38 PM

sew lulu: the quilt on the avitar is one I made for my sister. I have the first quilt I ever made, a sampler and one I had made for my parents 50th anniv it was a candlewicked one and a trip around the world. I do have plans to make one for me this year and some of the material cut out.But I also have plans to make two others so we'll see when my quilt gets done
Old 10-12-2008, 05:38 PM

Wow Sally!!! Over 300!!!

I'll never reach that.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:03 AM

Wow!
I've made 7 baby quilts, have 1 commissioned quilt in progress, and 3 baby quilts ready to be cut. I have the fabric for about 3 queen size also planned and ready to start. I have 3 WIPs, not including the commissioned quilt. I always put the "money quilt" first. I have NONE for me, but will be making a turning twenty for my bed and, of course, I will have the blue and white star quilt.

I have a birthday block exchange going with my buddies here, and will have a queen quilt then.

I've been quilting almost 3 years. Everything is done by hand.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:53 AM

Wow, most of you have such impressive 'vital statistics' ! :wink:

Mine:

Quilts for babies of my friends - 2
Quilted cushion cover for my bed - 1
Quilted window seat cover for my cats - 1
UFO's - 3

My excuse if I've only been quilting for 3 months! :D
Old 10-14-2008, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by PrettyKitty
Wow, most of you have such impressive 'vital statistics' ! :wink:

Mine:

Quilts for babies of my friends - 2
Quilted cushion cover for my bed - 1
Quilted window seat cover for my cats - 1
UFO's - 3

My excuse if I've only been quilting for 3 months! :D
Mary,
That's very impressive for someone quilting for only 3 months!!!
Old 10-14-2008, 06:11 PM

I only wish that I had recorded all of the quilts that I've made. Now that probably sounds very impressive, but it's really not. Many of them were whole-cloth and tied. But my first -- I taught at an elementary school (first grade) and some of the staff member there were quilters. One of them suggested that we make friendship quilts -- each of us would make a block for each of the participants. We would share our blocks and put them into a quilt for ourselves. When I look at the block that I made I am so embarrassed. It is well made, but at the time I didn't even know that blocks had names, etc. I put together this 9-patch that kinda looked like a churndash, but it really wasn't. :? Anyway, I made my quilt and hand-quilted it. I've tried my hand at a lot of different techniques, but really enjoy strip piecing and putting together traditional blocks. I'll never be able to get all the quilts in "my head" done in this lifetime.